Chapter 10

Uncle Ace, Venessa and I was hidden behind a building of sort. Why you wonder? Well its not like the ex-army commander and deceased Queen's right hand lady are welcomed in this place anymore which is swarmed with guards I notice everywhere. And to be exact they're not on our side.

"What next uncle Ace?" I asked my back pressed against the wall. I moved closer to the edge and peeped out a little to take a good look on where we were.

It's been over an hour or so since we reached this mystical kingdom. When I first arrived almost falling on my face and being saved my Venessa just in time, I had wanted to rush around and go sightseeing. Wow typical me huh?

I was warned to not show my face to anyone, citizens and guards alike. It wouldn't take a genius to notice my resemblance to Queen Sophie. Which is exactly why I'm wearing a hideous grey hooded cloak. Where it came out of is still a mystery.

"We have to get closer to the palace somehow without being discovered." He said to my earlier question. Easier said than done. Its as if every person who existed here were in guard uniform. There were tons of them. Just how are we supposed to go unnoticed?

"Keep your voice down. Both of you." Vanessa shushed us and urged us to follow her.

"I'll lead the way. I know a quicker way to get to the palace."

We moved from building to building waiting in the shadow. It felt as if we were filming some ninja movie. As much as tiring it was, I was also excited and terrified. What is going to happen? Where will this end up? I knew no answer.

As we swiftly moved, I took quick glances around. The kingdom wasn't anything extraordinary as I had imagined. It was the usual buildings, roads and people. The only thing which felt out of place was instead of vehicles, everyone was flying around. And it was a rare sight to see any one older than a forty. I guess having the Lake of Life means eternal adolescence. 

The citizens of Fairynasia as I like to refer to them were expressionless. Adults and children alike. Vanessa told me it was due to the sufferings they had gone through in the long run. They hadn't experienced happiness and joy in a very long time and forgot how to smile. The only ones who lived lives of luxury were those in the royal court. Just seeing little ones clutching their mom's hand for dear life, afraid of looking at the roaming guards stone faces broke my heart and filled it with hatred.

"Stop right there!" someone yelled in a distance.

Shit! We were noticed. The three of us stood still as a rock. I even stopped breathing.

Before I could turn to see who, it was that had found us I heard a woman's cry.

"I beg you. Please! Let go of my son. He meant no harm sir." She wept clutching her little boy real close.

Oh! The guard had asked the boy to stop. I let out a sigh in relief, and so did Vanessa and uncle Ace.

"Meant no harm?" the heavily dressed guard spat. "pushing me hard resulting me to fall to my feet is what you call meant no harm? Do you know who I am, you peasant!?" he yelled at the lady shivering beside him.

"That's the commanding general of the current royal guards." Uncle Ace whispered to me.

"Commanding general my ass! He's a human not a bloody god. The hell is he twisting his underwear for?" I whisper yelled.

Mind my language? I'm no princess yet.

A crowd of people had gathered by now, watching the scene. None of them stepped in front to stop this. I don't blame them. They're too afraid to make a move.