Chapter 07

I swatted her hand aside, staggering back trying to stay on my feet.

"What nonsense are you sprouting!?" I yelled at the two of them. There's a limit to this madness.

"Stella," Venessa moved forth but I raised my hand asking her to stop.

"Just stop okay? Enough. Why are you doing this to me? I'm not some... some princess of some sort of Kingdom with fairies. I'm plain old high schooler Stella Morgan. That's all there is to me."

The lady shook her head at me solemnly.

"No. You are more than just a regular girl. You are a Princess of a nation. People follow your every orders. You possess unimaginable powers."

I let out an ugly laugh. Venessa looked taken aback. Even Mr Ace stared at me.

"Powers? Now you say I've powers? Next what, I've wings?" I snorted rudely.

"Yes. You might find this funny but it's the truth. You possess powers and Wings. Not just one set of Wings, but you are blessed with power over Wings. An ability which is very rare and powerful, only possessed by a handful of the Royals of Fantasia. You are able to create any Wing you desire. As I've told you, a Wing portrays a Fairy's power. You who possess the Power over wings have no limit. Your power is uncountable making you the most powerful Fairy of all." She went on without a stop staring at me, challenging me to make fun again.

"You are insane. Both of you. I don't want to be apart of this silly child's play. Let me go. At once!"

I demanded the two of them holding my ground.

"But... The heart,"

"To hell with that Heart of Light or what ever crap! It's false. I'm no freaking Princess!"

I felt a hard slap on my face.

How dare she!

I turned to glare at the mad woman who had no right to lay a hand on me and was dumb found. She was already glaring at me venomously with tears dripping down her face.

I should be the one crying. Why is she?

"I... I will not let you make fun of Sophie's heart." She said her shoulders rising and falling.

"What?" Now I'm confused.

"My Best friend didn't sacrifice her life just to be ridiculed this way. I will never forgive you even if you are her daughter." She continued.

"I don't understand. What are you saying?"

Mr Ace finally spoke out resting a hand on her shoulder which rose and dropped due to her heavy breathing.

"Calm down Venessa. she didn't mean to and you know it."

He turned to me asking me to sit down on the ground and I did as I was told, clutching my legs close to my chest.

"What does she mean Her friend sacrificed her life?" I asked after I calmed down my nerves.

"The Heart of Lumen is actually the life force of Sophie." Mr Ace replied in a matter-of-fact tone. Huh?

Understanding my confusion and look of disbelief he continued.

"Not being able to bear the truth that her daughter wasn't there anymore, Sophie wanted to kill herself. But she couldn't. Not because she was afraid to die, but she was afraid of what would happen to her people. Without a family to support her, she had no reason to live was what she thought." How could he say this so simply? The strong lady just thought of suiciding for christ sake!