Chapter 08

So what now? I mean it's not like I can spring out and help a kingdom of people. Hell, Do you think I could help myself when in a pinch? I can't even use these wings properly!" I threw my arms out frustrated. Vanessa and Uncle Ace had solemn expressions.

Yeah Uncle Ace. He told me I had always referred to him as Uncle back in the days. Uh more precisely past life.

"Was I... um you know, better with flying at least back then?" I asked the two of them with little hope. I might have finally accepted the truth that I am who they think I am, but that doesn't mean I've got my lost memories yet.

Vanessa had the gentlest expression I've ever come across.

"You were simply fabulous dear. Truly magnificent. You had so much control over both your powers and wings. A natural since birth. It was surprising and intriguing watching you close day after day Stella." She said with a far off distant look seeming to be reminiscing past memories.

I didn't know what to say. How to respond to her. What should I do?

There was a gentle touch on my head. Looking up I saw uncle ace's face closer, smiling down at me.

"You are not alone Stella. There are people willing to fight back. They may be afraid to rise against the ministers, but with the knowledge that they have a ruler to guide them, they are more than ready to give you a hand. You just need to say the word and stand with them."

The thought of a possible up rise of a war frightened me, yet deep down something ignited within me. A flare of courage. Like some unknown force was giving me a push. Telling me to not dwell on unnecessary worries and go forth.

My consciousness?

"okay. Now that i'm in, its too late to look back. What ever it is, I just gotta face it head on" I said letting out a deep sigh.

"But I HAVE to let Mom know. My current mom. This is me going to fight for a home some where only god knows. For people i'm still not aware of. For a mother who I don't know of yet makes me want to fight for her. But I do have a life now. A whole new ordinary life with an ordinary family."

I paused looking at them and they nodded, understanding each word.

"So I'm not going to just up and leave. No matter how unimaginable and unrealistic this whole thing sounds, until I make my mom believe me and lets me go herself, I wont be coming with you two." I finished.

"Do as you wish Stella. We'll be waiting. I for one know your current mother is an understanding and loving woman. Your upbringing proves that. I know we won't be kept waiting long. So go on and do what you wish to do and Ace and I will be there to escort you to Fairynasia." Vanessa said resting a hand on my shoulder, giving it a light squeeze. I gave her a solemn nod .

For a moment her eyes grew wide a slow gasp escaping her lips. And then she looked as if her expression never changed.

"There will be many changes Stella. In you and around you from now on. Embrace it all. Only then will you be able to take the next step." She said making me stare at her confused. I gave her another nod, this time a little unsure.

What does she mean?

"Take this with you. This belongs to you." Uncle Ace held out his hand and in his palm was the Heart of Lumen.

I reached out and touched it gently, once again feeling the familiar warmth engulf me.

Mother.

I took the crystal amulet and wore it around my neck.

"I'll treasure this. I truly will." I meant every word I said. This may be an inanimate object, but I believe it is the life force of my mother. Of the queen who had to give up everything.

"I'll get back at those people for what they did. I swear on you I'm going to make them pay." I said clutching the amulet close to my chest. It gave a glow, like that of a heartbeat, just for a second. It was as if the amulet was replying to me.

A portal opened up a few feet ahead of me. A doorway which would, lead me home. I walked towards it and stopped just before going through, looking back at the two loving expectant faces.

"I will be back. Wait for me."

And I walked through.