Morse Code

Saki's P.O.V.

The elevator soon came to a stop as we both exited and went our separate ways, Hisoka still chuckling softly to himself for whatever reason.

As I gaped at all the different kinds of people that milled about, I didn't notice a small person approach.

They had a green head like a bean, quite the peculiar creature...

"Your number badge ma'am," the bean said politely, handing me a tag which read '45'.
"Please keep this on you at all times."

And with that, he left to go greet other new-comers.
I secured the badge to my hoodie and continued my scan of the room.

I could hear whispers as the crowd drank me in.

"...little girl..."

".... Get... Killed!"

".... Cute~..."

"....How'd she even... Here?!...."

".... What's with.... Eyes?..."

I just ignored them, seeing as how they came from the obvious weaklings of the pack, and walked to a secluded area.
Me being the fourth-fifth, there weren't many people here.

'It looks like I'll have a long wait ahead of me...'

I pulled back my sleeve slightly and gazed at the gem on top of my hand lovingly before tapping out a message in morse code on the surface.

'W-a-k-e--u-p--I-f--s-o-m-e-t-h-i-n-g--h-a-p-p-e-n-s--p-l-e-a-s-e'

It was a short wait before I felt a throbbing reply in my arm.

'H-a-i'

I smiled before relaxing against a wall and allowing my eyes to drift close...

...
...

'W-a-k-e--u-p!'
...
...

I jerked awake as I heard footsteps approaching, quickly tapping 'thanks' on the gemstone before turning my head towards the sound.

It was a middle-aged, overweight man with a square nose and blue tunic.
He was grinning so I decided to return the smile and be polite.

"How do you do! My name's Tonpa, pleased T' meetcha."

He held out his hand for a handshake and I gladly returned it.

'Finally! I was beginning to think handshakes weren't normal since I had yet to see anyone partaking in the action.'

"I gather you're new here..." He said brightly.

I tilted my head, 'I didn't think it was that obvious...'

"Heh heh... You can tell?"

"Let's just say I'm a veteran at this~ this will be my thirty-fifth attempt!" He said smugly, as if he were proud of failing thirty-four times.

I smiled awkwardly with a sweatdrop, "uh... Wow! That's great.... I guess?"

The man ignored my half-hearted reaction and proceeded to pull something out of his bag.