Unfair

Saki's P.O.V.

I barely contained a scream as I sprinted as fast as my legs could take me down the spiralling corridor. A gigantic boulder was hot on my heels.
Yes, that's right, cliché Indiana Jones Boulder is about to squish me.

It seems the rules of this little game is that anything with a warden's hat on had to incapacitate me for 10 seconds. This ranged from prisoners to deadly blades that swung down from the ceiling to cut me in half (a hat was skewered on one of their ends). Even this boulder had a hat painted on its round surface.

My thighs burned as they could barely move fast enough to keep up with that pace the rest of my body hurtled down the ramp. I barely even had time to sweat as the adrenaline that coursed through me set every muscle on edge.

'I swear I picked the hardest route,' I agonised internally, thinking back on the near misses and challenging tasks of the past few hours.

After outrunning prisoners through a maze of twists and turns, I got trapped into a room with a puzzle to solve in order to escape. Of course as time went on snakes with little warden hats on poured in from the walls. Then there was the assault course of death with swinging blades and hoops of fire as standard. Then there was the pitch black room with only one way out and plenty of pitfalls. And perhaps the most time consuming was the chess match I had to win against one of the prisoners, the condition was that if I lost I was to let her pin me for ten seconds and concede defeat and if I won I could progress.

And now this!

Of course fate thought I had it too easy as the floor was replaced by slippery oil and I proceeded to fall onto my ass and slide uncontrollably along with the boulder.

One advantage of this sticky situation was that, for the moment, I had a lead on the boulder and wasn't about to be squished.

And as if it couldn't get any worse, the corridor ended and I was sent hurtling into an endlessly tall chamber with a box-style arena at its centre.

The boulder soared over my head and into an abyss between the walls and the box arena as I thudded painfully onto the stone floor. The grease all over my body and my powerful momentum had me sliding along the surface uncontrollably towards the edge.

'Well, what a dumb way to go,' I thought miserably, my hands grasping feebly at the cold stone I slid across.

Just as my body cleared the edge, a firm hand grasped my wrist tightly. The force cracked the bones in my fragile wrist easily and my arm popped out of its socket from the combined power of my weight and momentum that was stopped so suddenly.

I was grateful though, had their grip been any looser I would have simply slipped out of their grasp and had they been any weaker we would have both been pulled off the edge.

I stared up into my saviour's sapphire blue eyes, trying to ignore the agony coursing throughout my arm.

"Hello there," Killu-chan said dumbfoundedly. It seemed he didn't quite know what to make of this situation.

"Hi," I croaked back, not trusting myself to say more without screaming.

I was grateful, don't get me wrong, but had he grabbed my other arm the roots would have protected it so it wouldn't have gotten broken.
'Well, what can you do.'

I noticed there was a man lying quite still at the centre of the arena, and Killua had a bloodstained rag with something in it in his other hand.
'Ooookay then...'

"Saki-chan!!" A concerned voice shouted from an opening in the wall not too far away.

I smiled despite myself,
"Hi Gon," I chirped.