Chapter 2- Pause

"Urk..." The dark haired boy opened his eyes slowly. "Mornin sunshine." Rei greeted him cheerfully with a beaming smile. He looked up at her, a confused. "Am...am I on your lap?" He questioned. "Yeah, I just thought my lap would've been better than that wood you passed out on." She giggled. "Passed out?!" He shot up to his feet. "Wait, I don't remember falling asleep!"
"You...didn't. Your eyes rolled into the back of your head...and your body moved on its own. Then you pressed the rewind button on that remote..." She replied in a concerned tone. He furrowed his eyebrows at the grounded female. He then turned his attention towards the bright light shuttering through the glass windows. "Huh? Its daytime? The sky isn't red anymore?"
"Um, check your phone..." She told him hesitantly, pointing to his pocket. He retrieved it, and pressed the power button, brightening the devices screen.

-Time: 2:45 PM , Tuesday September 8th-

"S-september? This is a joke right?!" He panicked. "Thats what I thought too." She replied.

"Rei if your joking right now, its not funny, did you change the date on my phone?!" His eyes widened, brows furrowed in anger. "N-no! I swear! Why would I joke around like that?" She waved her hands. "Go outside if you don't believe me!" She pointed at the door. He nodded, and stormed towards the door. He unlocked it, and opened it slowly, letting the bright sunlight seep in. He raised his hand over his eyes to shade himself from the blinding light. His eyes widened, pupils dilated at the scene. "Everythings....normal?" He spoke. "Told you!" Rei appeared beside him. "No...no no nononono, something is horribly wrong here." He then turned his attention to a man in a green shirt. He quickly dashed towards him, and grabbed him by the shirt. "What happened to the demon things that were walking around a minute ago?! Why is everything fixed all of a sudden?! WHAT DAY IS IT?!" He screamed in anger. "I- I don't know what your talking about! P-please let me go!" The man begged. "Woooaahh, ok, thats enough." Rei interrupted, prying Koya away from the middle aged man. "Sorry about that sir, he's kind of on edge at the moment." She said jokingly as she pushed Koya back towards the house. She pushed him in and closed the door back. "This...can't possibly be real. Time travel doesn't exist, right?!" He turned towards Rei, a gleam of hope in his eye, patiently awaiting her response. "I-Im not sure, but...theres one way to find out." She retrieved her phone again, and her fingers began to move rapidly. Koya stared in anticipation. "EEEK, NOO!" She shrieked. "W-what is it?!" Koya asked. "Its...gone..."
"What?! Whats gone?!"
"Water Knight...It doesn't exist."
Koya's jaw dropped, his arms loosened. "That show you've been telling me to watch?"
"Yes!!! It's not on the site anymore. Its says its coming out next month!" She turned the phone in his direction. "...I cant believe this. We went back in time." He huffed in despair. "And not only that..." Rei continued. "School restarts tommorow..." The room fell deathly silent, as if the world were about to end. Koya lifted his hand, made a gun motion, and aimed it at his head. "Bsshhhh." He pretended to shoot himself. "Hehehe. Don't worry, it won't be as hard the second time around at least." Rei giggled. "Says the A plus student." He scoffed. "I have a gift. Anyway, I need to see if my parents and Miko are doing ok. Ill see you tomorrow." She smiled as she walked towards the door. "Sure, I guess ill just see you tomorrow then." He told her as he closed the door behind her. He sighed, and proceeded to flop on the couch in the living room. His eyes closed, and he let out a small breath. Minutes passed with complete silence, it had seemed an eternity passed. "Wait a second." He shot up.

"Shouldn't my parents be back then?"
-------------------------------------------------

-Time: 7:45 AM , Wednesday September 9th-

Koya approached the towering school. "Toikowa High. God I hate this place." He whispered to himself as he approached the doors, surrounded by crowds of others headed in the same direction. He opened the large door, and entered the spacious building. "KOYA!!" He stopped in his tracks. The boy turned his heard towards the source calling his name. In the distance, he sees Rei waving at him. Standing next to her, was a tall boy with silver hair, and almond colored eyes. He had his hands stuffed in the pockes of his jet black leather jacket, which was unzipped, revealing a plain white shirt. Long dark jeans covered his legs, finished by flat black shoes. He glanced at the approaching Koya with a confident smirk, revealing his spiky teeth. "God your slow, could you take any longer?" He said to the dark haired boy. "Heh, shut up Leon." Koya laughed as he high-fived him. "So, what kind of prank you guys tryin to pull? You think id believe some crap like that?" Leon stated out of the blue. "B-but its true!!" Rei replied in irritation. "Woah, what 'prank'? What are you talking about?" Koya quoted with his fingers. "Don't be stupid. Rei was saying something about you guys going back in time or something like that." He glanced between the both of them. The group fell silent for a moment, which was quickly drowned out by the sound of un audible conversations from the crowd of students around them passing by back and forth. "Yep, you got us." The dark haired male broke the silence. "What? B-but Koya-"
"Nope, sorry Rei, but he didn't fall for it." He cut her off. "Wow, its almost like you guys didn't even try with this one. That cat thing was way more clever." Leon laughed. "Uhh, yeah..." Rei said quietly. Koya squinted his eyes in suspicion. "Can I help you with something?" Leon asked sarcastically at the staring Koya. "Nope, just making sure your the same ol Leon." He shrugged. "There can only BE one of me. Anyway I'm off, gotta figure out where these new classes are." Leon began as he started walking away. "Ok, see you at lunch then." Rei waved. "Well, he doesn't believe us..." Rei stated sadly as she turned to Koya. "Actually....I think he does." Koya turned to her with a serious look. "W-what?" Rei replied in shock. "Think about it, he said the 'Cat prank' was better right?"
"Yeah? So?!"
"And when did we do the prank?"
"Just a few days ago! How could you have already for-" She stopped suddenly. "Let that seep in." Koya whispered. "Oh...my god..." She shuttered. "How is that possible?! If we went back in time he shouldn't even remember that!" She shook Koya by the arm. "Unless he went back in time too." He announced confidently. "RIINNG!" The bell emitted a powerful sound throughout the hallways. "We can talk about this later." Koya said as he began walking the opposite direction. Rei did the same. And little by little, the hallways became emptier.