Chapter 6- The Hat

-Time: 9:15 PM, Friday September 11th-

The staredown continued, neither of their eyes let up for even a moment. The tall, dark hatted teen finally dropped Rei, who fell quickly to her knees, and coughed and gasped desperately for air. "REI!!!" They all turned their attention to the airborne Nia, landing swiftly on the street, directly next to Koya. "N-nia! Koy-!" Rei quickly stood and began running towards them, and was quickly stopped by the strong grip of a hand on the hood of her coat, violently yanking her backwards into a chokehold of sorts. "What the hell?! I thought we were fighting!!" Koya boomed at the face covered male. He then angrily gripped his remote handled blade with both hands, not letting up on his glare. "P-please let her go!" Nia stuttered as she begged innocently for her release. Koya's body continued to stay still, though his eyes darted to the right to notice someone shuffling on the side of his house. Leon loaded his sythe, and nodded at Koya. Koya then immediately looked back at the enemy as not to give him away. Silence quickly surrounded the area, the only sound audible was that of slight breathing. Suddenly, from behind the house, Leon leapt high into the air, his virtual scythe geared up to attack the intruder. He fell at an alarming speed directly towards him, and readied his attack. The hatted male quickly released the girl and lept upwards, avoiding Leon's assault. "HAH, YOU THINK I DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING?!" He shouted as he stared them down from the air. He then scrunched his eyebrows as he stared frantically between them. He then turned to his left to see Koya approaching at a quick velocity, his sword at the ready. "Heh, clever." He stated menacingly as he quickly removed his hat and dug his left arm inside, he then removed it, and covering his arm was and odd Iron contraption with small spikes surrounding the sides. As soon as it came into view, it revved up, much like a chainsaw, and the chains began rotating at an alarming speed. Koya swung the blade towards the male's left. *SHING* The blade was stopped by the rotating chainsaw arm. "What?! It didn't cut through?!" He panicked as they had an ariel power struggle. He then made a fist with his right, and punched Koya directly in the mask, launching him towards the ground. He crashed violently, a cloud of dust surrounding his landing spot. "Koya!!" The girls screamed simultaneously with fear. The chainsaw armed boy landed swiftly on the roof of the house. "Guess that old coot was right about those weapons of yours, so I probably shouldn't take you so lightly." He announced condescendingly as he reached into his hat with the other arm, pulling out a matching chainsaw arm. He put his hat back on his head, and crossed his arms in front of himself, causing the chains to rev even faster. "Eh? Three on one? That doesn't sound very fair." Leon smirked as he placed himself into a fighting position. "Guhh. Two on one." Koya corrected as he stood from the ground. "Nia, stay there and look after Rei."
"O-ok, are you sure?" She glanced fearfully between the boys and the hatted character. "Don't worry, we'll be fine!" He turned his head to her as he picked his weapon up off the ground, griping it as fiercely as before with both hands. "Ready?" Leon asked. "Lets go!" Koya shouted as the lept towards towards the towering individual. They swung their weapons from each direction, and the hatted boy blocked each attack with ease using his chains. He threw them each backwards using the force of his arms, and immediately dashed towards Leon. Still airborne, their weapons clashed back to back, the sounds of clinging echoed throughout the streets. They both skid roughly as they landed on the ground. The intruder swung at Leon downwards, and he flipped backwards and landed swiftly, just barely avoiding the attack, causing the swing to smash directly into the ground. He pulled the spinning blades out of the now slightly cracked street, and stood straight. "Well, you certainly know how to defend yourself, but..." He suddenly paused. He then quickly kneeled down, just barely avoiding the swing of the large virtual blade, and violently elbowed Koya directly in the gut. He then proceeded to hop, and roundhouse kick the masked boy in the face, launching him to crash into a nearby patch of grass, knocking him unconscious. "KOY-"
"Id worry more about myself if I were you." He suddenly appeared behind Leon. He then proceeded to block two incoming blows from the boys chain hands using the handle of the scythe. He then took a devastating attack from the intruders knee to his left side, and kneeled to the ground from excruciating pain, dropping his weapon in the process. "Welp, thats a little disappointing." He announced as he stood condescendingly over Leon, revving up his chains. He readied his fist above Leon, and then launched his arm, only for it to be blocked by a thin virtual blade being held above the girl with jet black hair. "Oh yeah, I forgot about you." He laughed as they had a short power struggle. "P-please s-stop this!" Nia struggled to speak. "I would but you're kind of in the way of my bosses plans soo..." He then quickly yet viciously knocked her to the side with the iron-flat side of the weapon. "NIA!" Rei cried out as the girls limp body skid to a halt in front of her. "Pfft, I don't get why he thinks you guys are such a threat, this is a joke." The hatted boy laughed as he glanced between them all. "Whatever." He repeated the process of revving up his weapons, and thrusted his arm yet again.

"*CHING*"
"Are you kidding me? You guys need to jus-"

He paused mid sentence as he raised his head to find an unmasked Koya, blocking his attack with his left hand. "How...how are you doing that?" He asked, slightly hesitating at the unbelievable sight. Unresponsive, Koya stood completely still with his hair draped over his eyes. Suddenly, black flames began to surround the boys hands, engulfing them. The intruder quickly forced his weapon away from the boys grip, and leaped backwards. "What?! Wheres this coming from?!" He panicked as he watched the motionless boy in front of him. Koya slowly lowered his arm, not looking up even once. He then vanished from sight, only to reappear in front of the only other standing fighter. Before even a gasp could be let out from the others mouth, Koya delivered multiple blows to the boys face and stomach with enflamed fists. He delivered one final pushing blow from the combo, blowing him backwards to crash a few times into the rocky street. The boy slightly struggled to stand, wobbling on the way up. He moved his bandanna out of the way, and touched his open lip with a finger, and put it in sight to find blood covering the tip of his index. "Wow, ok. You busted my lip." He stated slightly irritated. He then once again revealed his scruffy brown hair as he removed his hat. "Since we seem to be using hands all of a sudden-" He started as he stared at the still Koya, removing his weapons and sticking them back inside the hat. He then removed his arm, to reveal a large, steel fist covering his original one. He mimicked the action with his other hand, and placed the hat back in its original spot. He then pounded the fists together, causing a loud clanging sound to erupt throughout the silent street. He then reared the fist up, and launched at Koya. He threw the punch, only for it to be easily blocked by the cloaked boys arm. "UGH, HOW?!" He yelled, completely frustrated. They both suddenly vanished into thin air.

"BOOM, BOOM, BOOM"

Back to back, the ariel blurs clashed into one another back to back, their exact actions un-viewable for the naked eye. "Urk" Leon groaned as he sat up from the ground. He twitched at the loud sounds coming from above him, causing him to turn his attention upwards. He witnessed the back to back clashing in amazement. "....EH?!" He yelled, questioning the current events happening above him. "Oh hell, REI, NIA!" He suddenly yelled out in worry. He ran towards the two, one unconscious, the other holding her head in her lap. "She alright?!" He asked in concern. "She's fine, shes breathing so she's just unconscious." Rei replied in a relieved manner. "This ass is gonna pay, Is what I would say if Koya didn't have it under control I guess?" He said as he pointed to the constant pounding and clashing behind him. "Yeah what was that?! Is Koya ok?! He just kinda just shot up and started fighting again, and without his sword too!" She said as she pointed to the lone remote laying on the grass next to where its wielder had originally crashed. "And did you see his hands?! They were on fire! Black fire!!" She waved her hands in his face as an example. "Well, Nia can shoot Ice from herself right? Maybe he has something like that too." He said in a calming matter as he turned back towards the commotion behind him. For a small moment, they became visible, and Koya landed a powerful blow to his opponent, knocking him violently into the ground. He then disappeared, reappearing on the street a few steps away from the intruder. The dust cleared, the wounded intruder slowly showed himself from the dust as he stood, breathing heavily. He wiped the blood again from his mouth, and glared angrily at the group before him. "Hmph" he huffed before he ran off quickly, disappearing into the black night. The black flames surrounding Koyas hands had dispersed, and his hair swayed, revealing his closed eyes as he fell to the ground.
---------------------------------------

Short? Lol ye. Salty? SUCKS. Anyway You know what to do, (and if you don't its all good, just hope you're enjoying the story.) Thanks!
-Dark