Chapter 7- Training

"WOAH, WAIT A SECOND!" The dark haired individual shot up from his seemingly wake less sleep. He scanned the darkened area to find he was in his own home. He patted the surface he was laying upon, the soft thump informing him it was his black leather couch. "Jeeeesus." he moaned loudly as he flopped back down in his previous position. He moved the long coat upwards enough to dig into the pocket of his pants underneath, and wriggled out his phone. He proceeded to click the power button located on the top.

"-Time: 3:15 AM, Saturday September 12th-" It read.

The brightness illuminated slightly, showing the new small crack that appeared in the corner of the screen. "Welp, should've figured." He said about the crack as he locked the phone and put it on the couch beside him. He then sat up straight, and attempted to put his foot on the ground, only to be stopped by a strange hard lump. He reached towards it, and found his remote on top of his mask. He set them aside, next to his phone. "MOM?!" He suddenly blurted out, hoping desperately for a response. The room fell dead silence afterwords, besides the slight rustling of the couch, nothing else was audible. "DAD?!" He shouted again, nothing. "Ugh, where the hell are you guys." He said in an upset tone as he stared at the ground. "If that thing was right...then I need to find them soon." He muttered to himself as he flopped back on the couch for the third and final time, falling asleep in the process.

----------------------------------------

Time: 1:15 PM, Saturday September 12th

"Oooww" Nia cried as she held her head with her hand. "Eh, Still kinda sore huh?" Leon huffed as he laid his head inside his arms. "Whoever that guy was, he knew what he was doing." Koya added as he stared directly in front of him, a glint of anger filling his eyes. "I can't believe that kid got the upper hand on us, even while it was a 2 on one, that shouldn't happen." Leon said with disappointment clearly filling his tone. "Hey woah woah, don't start beating yourself up about it! Like you literally just said, he knew what he was doing. He had more experience than you, thats all!" Rei attempted at cheering them up. "Oh, so now we know he was able to whoop us because he's had more training time, great." Koya grumbled angrily, slumping his face into his hand, his elbow resting on the table. "S-so what are we gonna do then?" Nia stuttered. "Well, we obviously can't just sit in the food court of a mall all day and complain about it." Rei crossed her arms, looking at the boys. "Fine, then what do you propose we do then?" Koya argued. "Hey hold up..." Leon suddenly lifted his head. They simultaneously turned their attention towards him. "You said they had more time to train right?" He asked suddenly. "Thats...not exactly what I said but sure, that was the idea I guess. Why?" She answered in a confused manner. "What if WE did something like that ourselves?" He suddenly said, becoming exited. "Uhh, do we need to? I mean we kind of have the whole fighting thing with our weapons down already." Koya stated. "Eh, yeah but we kind of just let our bodies take over, we don't exactly know how to what were doin, but if we did, I think we'd have a better chance of actually winning our fights." He replied, feeling confident in his statement. "I-i think so too..." Nia added on. "Ok then 'Mr.Winner', what should happen next then?" Koya mocked. "Why don't you follow me and find out?" Leon said as he stood from his chair, and began to walk, brushing by the thick crowd. The others all looked and one another and shrugged, then followed after.

----------------------------------------

Time: 1:45 PM, Saturday September 12th

"What are we supposed to be looking at?" Rei asked, staring along with the group at the small, run down building sitting soundly on the edge of the empty street. "Eh, well, id like to use it as our personal training area." Leon scratched his chin. "T-training area? You mean to like, p-practice fighting each other?" Nia questioned. "Well yeah, how else are we gonna get better?" Leon replied with a smirk. "How did you know about this place anyway?" Rei asked next. "My folks knew the guy that ran the place before he left for whatever reason." Leon answered.  "Whatever, Good thinkin man! In that case, what are we wasting time for? LETS GO!" Koya yelled excitedly as he made a burst for the doors. He gripped the one way handles, and pushed them towards the doors, entering. He coughed violently as the wave of dust spread throughout the darkened room. "Ughhh, how old is this place?!" He coughed. "Eh, who knows, I stopped counting after 7 years." Leon walked in behind him. "Before you guys do training or any kind, this place needs a serious sweep." Rei said as she pointed towards all the boxes and dusty mats. "Ughh, cleaning, my favorite. Lets just turn on the damn lights so we can get it over with." Koya mumbled angrily. "Heh, actually theres no electricity in here yet." Leon chuckled. The group fell silent for a moment. "Well its been fun guys, see you later I guess." Koya began as he started towards the doors. "Ah ah ah, get your ass back here." Leon grabbed the hood of his sweater and yanked him back to his previous position. "W-we can use the flashlights on our phones to clean at least." Nia suggested. "Aight. In that case the cleaning stuff should be in the closet, down the hall over there. Leon said as he shuffled through his pockets, and fished out his phone, pointing the light in the direction of the hallway. "Can you get me a broom while your in there? Ill handle the sweeping, Koya you get the boxes." Rei commanded. "UUUUGGHH" He groaned as he lazily walked towards the boxes scattered all over the ground.