A Bit Of History ~ 1

Hey guys how're you going??

Well, here is very hot just like ever and it's like the hell on earth🔥

Today, since I didn't upload in Tuesday that's the day when I update it, I'll tell you some curiosity about the Japanese alphabets and stuff!!!

So, there're 3 alphabets in Japan, right?

< Hiragana (main), katakana, and kanji >

Hiragana
Well, the alphabet hiragana were made basically by women!! (already existed the "old" hiragana before, though)
PUSSY POWER BABE!!

And also to make people's life easier because before the new hiragana, there were only kanji and in that time, a lot of people couldn't go to school, because poor people (the most of the japanese population that time) didn't has money enough to study 'cause it was EXPENSIVE.

So they saw the daily random things and started creating simple alphabets basing on it (well, kinda).

Katakana
This is complicated lol
Well, around 1400 to 1700, the British landed to Japan, and Japan was a VERY covered country that time and didn't let British come into Japan.

Finally, years later, Japan authorized them come in but Japanese people never had ANY contact with the foreigners so they didn't speak English or touched those foreign things (example: fork, spoon, knife...)

So the British began teaching English to Japanese people and Japanese people began teaching Japanese to British, resulting on katakana, the mix of those languages and bringing new words to Japanese people like "knife", "chocolate" and "cup".
(those words and things never existed in Japan before the British's landing because as I said Japan was a really covered country so they used to have just what was created in Japan and countries that Japan had alliance with)

Kanji
I think kanji is the most important one in Japanese alphabet story and kanji is kind of a "spin-off" of the Chinese.

Japan were "kinda" colonized by the Chinese people in a LONG time ago (some years before Jesus) so, of course, they bring the Chinese language just like Portugal bring the Portuguese in Brazil.

I don't know how to explain that rightly but because of this, Japanese people started writing Chinese, since in Japan there wasn't any alphabet yet.

The time were passing and finally Japanese people could kick out Chinese people, leaving their alphabet in Japan.

Actually, Japan initially were made by Chinese so Japanese people were already writing some kanji, but then with the colonization opened the doors to new words and etc. Kanji is a mix of Chinese with Japanese people's vision.

Example: "person" in kanji is "人" and you can notice it has a format of a person walking.
Same with big/huge "大" it looks like a person opening the legs and the arms, showing it's "big". (I don't how to explain lol)

So, what I studied about Japanese alphabets in Japan was it and I hope it's half true lol

Hope you liked it and I'm sorry I didn't say anything and I'm updating now on Thursday lol

Thank you so much for reading!

Any questions, you can comment here anytime and I'll be responding always♡
Also VOTE please!

またね! (See you)
xxxxxx