Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Mia's POV

"Great another new student, just go and sit by Ethan over there" Muttered my new science teacher sarcastically, pointing to the far left of the class room.

I've just moved to a new place and and a new school, so this comment by my 'new' teacher really welcomes me. Not! I didn't want to move here anyway, I liked London, the noisy roads and trains made me feel at home. It's too quiet here! I didn't like the idea of moving to Beverly, East Yorkshire. It's one of the top smallest towns in the Uk.

We had to move here though, we didn't have much of a choice. To many people in busy London wanted us killed because we are supernatural. Because we're Vampires. No mortals knew about us until one little boy saw us feeding late at night once. After that we were hunted down. I have to keep it a secret here, so it won't happen again.

As I approached my seat I saw the glares of my classmates. Some were pity stared probably about the teacher and I, but other looked almost jealous glares. I ignored the glared and carried on walking to my seat.

At the corner of my eye I see my teacher I now know she is called Miss Solomon by here name tag, is looking at her list of student names, pondering over something. I can see in her eyes it is to do with me.

Again I ignore it and swing my bag under my seat as I sit down on the uncomfortable chair.

I look next to me and I see a boy with the most interesting features I've ever seen. He had jet black hair that was in a quiff style. His striking sapphire blue eyes sparkling in the sunlight beaming through the window behind. He seemed quite a tall and strong person from what I can see.

As he looks up at me our eyes meet. I felt awkward because I've never met him before yet he looks at me like he knows me all his life. His sapphire eyes peering at my blood red eyes. He can't see my red eyes though cause I have to wear contact lenses so the secret will be harder to find out. All he sees of my eyes are a dull lifeless brown colour. But yet he looks fascinated by them.

"Hi I'm Ethan Clark, what's your name?" The boy next to me asked in a husky tone of voice. I looked down and formed my red lips into a smile.

"So Mia York where did you come from?" asked Miss Solomon in a bit of a rude tone staring at me. Great. Not.

I looked up and gave her one of my scary hypnotising stares (got to love vampire powers), as soon as i saw the blood red circle flash around her pupil I knew she was under my power. I stopped my stare, raising my head and my mouth opening. "I used to live in the capital city, London until I was forced to move to one of the smallest towns in the Uk" I stated in a confident loud voice.

Miss Solomon quickly returned to her computer, the red ring around her pupil gone. She told us to talk all we know about cells.

"So Mia York, nice name" Ethan whispered in a small voice just load enough for me to hear. I gave me a I looked down at my planner that the head teacher gave me this morning.

"Thanks, Ethan Clark" I giggled out and Ethan joined me by laughing.

I got out my pen with skulls on it and started doodling on my planner front cover. I would always doodle eyes as I thought it was the most amazing part of the body. The more I doodled the more it became not a doodle but more of a real drawing.

"Wow that looks like a work of art by Leonardo Da Vinci" The jet black boy commented on my doodles.

"Thanks but there just doodles nothing special" I told Ethan, as I looked down at my doodles, not impressed with what I saw below me.

"I think it's amazing, I'm guessing you like art?" Ethan asked me, his Sapphire blue eyes sparkling in the sunlight. I looked up, his gaze meeting mine and I smiled.

"Art is one of my favourite subjects because you don't have to remember things and work out sums, it's just letting yourself go with a pencil in your hand, and a paper to work on" I commented, as I began to realise that it was more of a speech than a comment.

I decided to have a proper look around the classroom and see what type of people there are.

I glanced to the right to see two girls, one with short blonde hair brown eyes and the other with long jet black hair and baby blue eyes. I could see that they were putting on make up and talking about others behind there back.

They glanced at me, talked to each other and then started smiling at me. With my supernatural hearing I could hear what they said.

The blonde one said to the dark one "hey look at the new girl sitting next to Ethan" with a daydreamy stare and turned to the dark haired girl as she continued "she's pretty don't you think? Luke and Alex already think that" she told jet black, pointing to the left. "She looks like one of us, pretty, could put make up on her and looks like a popular girl in her old school. She should join us before the others do"

Those few words surprised me the most. She said I looked like one of them? A popular makeup girl? She's got me wrong, I'm not like that. They kept smiling and waving to me so I politely smiled back.

I glanced to the left and saw two boys staring at me. I noticed it was the same direction the blonde girl pointed to. The boy with dark black hair look as if he was in a daydream to do with me! It was scary because he stared at me the way you don't want a boy to look at you.

I felt a hand hovering above my shoulder so I whipped my head back (maybe a bit too quickly) to see what was about to happens.

There Ethan was his hand hovering my shoulder, he was about to put it down but I caught him. He looked dumbfounded at my sudden movement and looked at me wide eyed.

"Um I um uhh abbout to um" Ethan stuttered out, I could tell he wasn't sure what to say.

As I'm a vampire I am different to a human. The best part is that I am a vampire with special powers, one of my favourite powers is that I can read minds. Why not use it now?

"Don't do it" a voice in my head told me "you should try and live normally, only use powers for important things" the voice continued.

"I am using it for important things, finding out your friends thoughts is important" I spat back to her. It went silent as I smirked.

I closed my eyes and concentrated really hard, I wasn't hearing what came out of their mouths now, I was hearing what was in there head. I opened my eyes looking at everyone one at a time, each one had a thought in their head. Once I came to Ethan, nothing, emptiness, silent.

I shook my head to stop me concentrating and I heard the bell ring. First lesson finished already? Wow time does go fast. I started packing up but leaving my planner out.

Once I finished packing I picked up my planner to look at my timetable.

"You have the same timetable as me" a husky voiced boy said behind me. I turned to see Ethan smiling down at my planner. "If you need help I can be your tour guide?" He continued and I could help smiling as we were the only ones in the classroom, even Miss Solomon has left.

"Thanks I really need help around this massive prison" I laughed gesturing to the building we are in. Ethan smiled at me while bending over to pick up my bag and hand it to me. I nodded a 'thank you' to him as he walked out of the class room.

Something puzzled me before he left the class room. His eyes had flakes of yellow. The yellow flakes wouldn't be noticeable for a mere human as there eyesight isn't as clear as Vampires, like myself.

My last thought before I left the room was a question, but it was stupid really.

"Is he different, like me?"...

******************************

A/N:

Unedited

Hi I hope you liked this chapter, it will get better i promise. This is my first story on Wattpad so I hope you enjoyed it and read more of the chapters. Tell me what you think of it so I can get better.

Vote and Comment?

Thanks ;) xxx