Chapter 2

"Well, here we are!" Zelda announced, opening her arms out to motion to the large school in front of them.

"Wow, it sure looks nice..." Red said in awe.

"Yeah, definitely. I hope the inside looks just as good," Green added.

"It sure does," Vio answered.

"I honestly don't give a fuck. It's a damn school, who cares," Blue scoffed. Red could only hope that Blue was just moodier than usual today and this wasn't how he always was.

The school was fairly tall considering it was only two stories. Leading up to the front doors were several sets of red-tinted concrete stairs that were kept clear of dirt and leaves. A single tree on either side of the stairs helped to make the school stand out, and there were plenty of nearby ramps that had more skateboards going up and down it rather than wheelchairs, according to Shadow.

"I don't think we're allowed inside, but I'm sure we can show you the grounds," Zelda suggested.

She led them all past the gates and to the left where a path to the sports field was. Upon coming to the vast open space, to their immediate left was the sports shed that held all kinds of equipment, and a little further beyond it was the outdoors basketball court. The sports field itself was neatly outlined with a row of trees that led into a dense forest.

"Hey, what's that over there in the distance?" Red asked, pointing to an incredibly tall and old-looking structure that sat quite a way into the forest.

"Ah, that's just an old radio tower. It isn't used anymore, of course, and people stay away from it because it's gradually falling apart with age. They say it won't be long before it collapses completely," Vio explained.

"Oh. Poor radio tower."

Blue rolled his eyes.

"Come on, we can still look through some windows. There are plenty of classrooms to see," Vio continued.

***

The group stopped at a large building situated to the right of the school entrance.

"And here is my personal favourite..." Vio began.

"The library..."

"The library!"

Red giggled at Blue finishing in unison with Vio. The older teenager was clearly unimpressed and too used to his brother's interests.

"What? Reading's healthy for you," the purple-clad teenager stated.

"The school leaves the library open for students over the break, but only during regular school hours, which is the usual nine to three. It's just in case people like Vio want to study before the holidays are over," Zelda said.

"And return overdue books, which I desperately need to do," Vio replied, bringing his history book out from under his right arm.

"Ugh, fine. Let's just get this bullshit over with. I wanna go home," Blue commented.

"Alright then," Green concluded.

Vio headed in first and opened the two large, glass double-doors. Shadow closely followed with Green and Red, and of course Blue held up the rear.

Red's eyes practically sparkled at the sight before him. Shelves and shelves of books filled the entire room, save for the reception desk and places to sit down and work. The place was overridden with a musty smell of inked pages that made any avid reader experience episodes of novel nostalgia.