Chapter five

Hey guys! :) I just wanted to cut in real quick and say hi. :P Thank y'all so much for taking the time to read this poor attempt at literature. It really means alot to me every time I see there's another read on my book.
And I just wanted to say that, I've put these books here for y'all. Ive had these in my head for a long time, and they'll always be there for me. But I've put them down on this difficult virtual paper for y'all peeps. So please, please tell me what y'all want. What y'all think. What I'm doing wrong. Be brutal with me. 'Cause I have no idea what I'm doing. And I really need your help. Thanks, and Peace y'all. JLAB out
-----------------------------------------------------

   Emma froze, unsure of what to do, fear streaked through her, and she bolted for the kitchen.

   She ran, bumping into the cook who yelled out at her,  slamming into the back door with her shoulder, banging it open. She then turnec to run out of the alley way, but she skidded to a stop when she saw two men standing there, waiting.

   She whirled around to run the other way, but she saw a woman and another man blocking her path there as well.

  She had barely had time to process the fact that she trapped, when the back door to the diner slammed open again, two of the three men from the diner rushing out.

  Fear streaked through her veins like ice, but was quickly replaced by something else. Something cold and foreign.

  A cruel smile crossed her face, they had picked the wrong day to mess with her.

  Her hands were at her sides, her palms facing out, her fingers slightly curled in. Tense, as if straining against something. She felt power flow through her body as it reached out, her arms beginning to slowly raise. She felt something looming up behind her, glancing over her shoulder she saw vines breaking through the alley way pavement.

  She could feel them grow, each one thicker then her bicep. They coiled and twisted, like snakes ready to strike. Deadly thorns as long as her index  finger covered them, In between the lager thorns were tiny serrated ones.

  These vines were meant to shred flesh.

  She looked at the men again, readying herself to attack.

  Then the boy from the restaurant sprung forward with his hands in the air yelling "Woah woah woah!! Wait! We're not here to hurt you. I promise. Just calm down."

  Emma glared at him, the cold presence in her screaming at her to attack.

  "Please" he said. His blue eyes piercing through the darkness she felt. "We come in peace. We have no weapons. We're here to talk. And to help."

  The cold thing inside her struggled against his words, but Emma remembered the strange safety she has felt in his gaze earlier in the diner. And she could feel he meant no harm towards her, so she fought the dark presence.

  "You're here to talk about what? How do I know I can trust you?" She asked, her voice trembling.

  "Because, we are like you. We are your people. You're not alone."

------

It's a short chapter I know, sorry y'all ;P. But there's more to come soon. I'll plan to update in two more days. How does that sound to y'all?