Chapter Eleven

This chapter is dedicated to OhMyChe3secake for being an awesome reader and voter!! Thank you.

Emma charged forward, staying in her human shape, while Daniel and Ethan shifted on either side of her.

Ethan transformed into a large powerful wolf, his pelt deep black, he raced forward with his lips pulled back in a snarl. He was much taller then an earth wolf, standing as tall as a pony.

Daniel shifted into a large stag, standing almost as tall as a horse, his pelt was a dappled grey, his antlers branched out ending in sharp points. He galloped forward, his sharp hooves cutting into the ground.

The rest of the army behind her did the same, shifting into wolves, lions, eagles, stallions and even a unicorn whose pelt was a swirled silver.

They charged forward as one, the ones among them that were gifted calling upon their elements. Flames, ice and crackles of electricity filled the clearing as the two armies met.

The battle began, beasts meeting beasts in a clash of fangs, claws and roars of rage. But most of the enemies had remained in their human form, to better wield their silver weapons. Emma could hear the shrieks of pain as the metal cut into flesh, the cries resounding inside her. And she realized, it was now or never.

She felt power flowing through her body, sparking through her veins like electricity. Vines explodes from the ground sending debris flying, they writhed and coiled like pythons seeking for prey as they grew, they were as thick as trees, covered in giant thorns. They loomed up behind her, towering over the battlefield

They may be able to heal from any wound, except one made from a silver blade, but you couldn't heal what wasn't there. And that was her strategy, to make sure there was nothing left to heal.

The vines leapt forward with precision on her command, wrapping and coiling around enemies with deadly strength. Once her vines had encircled them, they had no chance.

The screams of her foes began to join the screams of her people, and finally the battle was even.

Emma walked calmly across the clearing, shredding her victims around her, her power growing as the dark presence began to feed her.

* * *

Ethan was engaged in a fierce battle with a manticore, when the beast was yanked violently from his grip, he looked around in astonishment to see what unnatural force had stolen his adversary, when he saw a giant thorned vine lofting his foe into the air, before tearing it to shreds.

He felt cold chill washing over his body, something was wrong. He could feel it in his bones. He had felt it before, at the diner, when they had frightened Emma into almost killing them.

He shifted into his human form, spinning around, his head craning as he tried to find the problem.

He didn't have to search long

Walking calmly across the clearing, he saw Emma. The first thing he noticed was the menacing but serene smile on her face, it sent a frigid chill through his body. He then noticed a vivid white streak in her hair.

That hadn't been there before..

A cold wind began to whip through the cleaning, sending shivers down his spine. And then the clearing around him seemed to explode, flame, ice, vines and hurricane like winds began to tear the enemy apart.

The enemy, overwhelmed and greatly reduced, began to retreat. But Emma attacked even more violently as they ran.

The cold feeling in his body grew, becoming almost painful. And he knew one thing, he had to stop her before it was to late. Before killing the enemy wasn't enough, and she turned on them.

He ran forward to intercept her, the wind beating against him. Vines and flames whipped around him, but none touched him.

He leapt in front of her, straining to get her attention. But her blackening eyes looked past and through him, her menacing smile never wavering

Every muscle in his body shrieked for him to run, her blackening irises striking a primal fear in him. But instead he ran forward grabbing hold of her shoulders.

"Emma!" He yelled, "look at me! I need you to focus on me!"

The elemental storm around him began to whip into a frenzy, but still, nothing touched him.

"Emma, come back to me. The enemy is running, I need you to calm down, there's nothing to fight any more"

* * *

Emma felt an amazing peace flowing through her, the screams of her victims filling her. The world and it's elements were her's to command, and she lost herself in its strength and power.

She felt a dark companion beside her, supporting her like a long lost sister. But a tiny part inside her screamed against her. The dark thing powering her was evil, not to be trusted. But she was already to lost in its will, she had not the strength to put up a fight.

She felt something grab her shoulders, someone was shouting to her, trying to reach her. But the dark thing flooded her body with more power to try to drown out the cries.

The part inside her that still had control forced her to focus on the person grabbing her.

Piercing blue eyes came into focus. Ethan.. Concern and determination on his face, he was shouting something, but dark whispering was drowning it out.

Focus!!

"-come back to me........ nothing to fight any more"

The dark whispering began to ramp up, but she blocked it out.

"Emma, it's over! I'm here, look at me. You can fight this! Focus on me!"

Emma fought the dark thing inside her, a battle fiercer then the physical one just fought. She fell to her knees, clamping her hands on her head, tucking her head down. But Ethan gently yet firmly grabbed her chin, forcing her to look at him.

Elements began to swirl around then in a violent tornado. But Emma focused on him, on using the strength he gave her to fight.

And then, just as the violent storm came its apex, it silenced. Completely and without warning. Emma's eyes returned to normal, the white streak in her hair coloring once again.

-----------------------------------

A/N

Woot woot!! 300 reads!!!!! That's is so crazily awesome in every way. You my dear reader, are the best!! Thank you, thank you.