Chapter Eight

Hey guys!! Here's a chapter for y'all!!
  Now I'll have to ask y'all to bear with me through this chapter. I'm basically dumping a bunch of "Myth" history in your lap. So I'm sorry if it gets a bit boring. Just bear with me cause it gets exciting soon. :D

-----------------------------

  "Our people came to this world a very long time ago, leaving our world Mythos, fleeing from destruction. We had no choice, it was leave or go down with the ship. So we left, not all of us, some chose to stay. But that is neither here nor there.

  Those of us who left were put into stasis as our ship, and its crew, hunted the galaxy for a planet suitable for terraformation. How long our people searched is hard to tell, as the records have been lost, eons perhaps.

  Then a miracle happened, we came across Earth. The perfect planet, with one downside. It was already populated.

  So the captain made a decision. He woke our people up from stasis and gave them a choice. Either spend eternity searching the cosmos for something they might never find, or try to live peacefully amongst the humans. Hidden, living as them. A group of volunteers would continue the search for a new home. And our people would live on earth, uninvited guests.

  So we made our choice, to live amidst the natives. Waiting for our people to find us a home.

  There were simple rules laid out. We were to keep our technology from the humans. And our abilities. We were to live peacefully as humans, to fit in. And for awhile we did.

   But we were foolish to think the peace would last

  It began small, harmlessly, with our youth. Compared to the humans, we were powerful. We were ageless, and the only weapons that could harm us were ones made of silver, so they thought us immortal. And we could control the elements of the world around us, with seemingly "magical powers" And the humans worshiped the youths power. So they began to get puffed up, the humans treated them as gods and goddesses and they took advantage of that.

  At first our people turned a blind eye to the youths antics, thinking that it was harmless. And that the youth would grow tried of playing god. Three families,  The Peagusi, the Dracones, and the Gryphons, went to our elders, trying again and again to warn them, to  take control, before they grew too strong. And in the end, our elders listened to them. But they were too late

The "gods" had grown powerful, bringing the humans under them. Enslaving them. They wanted to make this world their own.

  You see, our large ship had been left here. A smaller ship was out searching the stars, and if they ever found a suitable planet, they would contact us. So our ship, containing every part of our old world, every beast, every kind of plant, ready for terraformation, was here on earth. And the "gods" decided to use the ship make this planet ours. 

And thus a war began. A war for the ship. The "gods" had about half of our kind on their side, and the humans fighting for them. The three families that had tried to warn us fronted the offensive. Without them we would have lost the war, without him.

You see, not all of us are gifted, that is what we call those with the abilities to control elements, but those that are, are generally only given one element. But in times of great trouble, and war, One is generally born. One given power over all elements, nature itself. He came at just the right time, and he saved us, and the humans.

He was of the Dracone family, a dragon. And in the end, all his family having given their life in the war, he was the last dragon.

The battle had come down to a bloody show down around our ship. The enemy had surrounded it, pushing us back, when he attacked. He was a one man army, fighting in his dragon form, plowing through the ranks of our enemy. All of nature's elements fighting for him. In the end he took a fatal wound, a silver tipped arrow in the chest. But as he bled out he kept fighting, even as the silver poisoned his blood. He took control of the ship, and flew it, going far way. And with the last of his strength he used his powers to hide theship. Burying it deep underground, where it has been hidden ever since.

  We launched an offensive, finally crushing our enemies. But the cost was great, our people, and the humans had suffered a great blow. Two of our greatest families were slaughtered to extinction. The Peagusi and The Dracones.

  The Gryphons had survived, but barely. I don't think they ever forgave us for not listening to them sooner.  After the war, they left our people. From that day forth, they would have nothing to do with us. And they had not been seen for thousands of years."

"Until now." Emma said

"Yes, until now. Your people have lived separated from us ever since. But, well, it seems like you're the last one. The last Gryphon."