Detention with Green Highlights- Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Detention with Green Highlights

            Aris still had not pulled herself together since her confrontation with Malfoy. She was so angry she felt like punching a wall, instead she flopped down on the sofa, grabbed up a throw pillow, thank goodness no one was around and she screamed as loud as she could into it. When she looked up it was to see Neville staring at her with saucer eyes.

            “Is everything alright there Aris,” Neville asked kinda timid and scared.

            She gave him a huge smile, “Sorry Neville, just had a run in with Malfoy.”

            “What's this about Malfoy,” Eric asked as he walked into the common room.

            “Nothing much, Malfoy has been giving me a hard time ever since I almost ran him over at the station,” she replied as he sat down on the sofa beside her.

            “Do you need any help, I could take care of him for you,” Eric was looking at her deeply.

            She knew Eric liked her, but the feelings weren't there for her. Yeah, he was really cute, dark tan skin, beautiful brown eyes and dark brown hair that was almost black. He was really sweet and always there for if she needed to talk, but she had a feeling that her best friend Lanie secretly liked Eric although she wouldn't admit it.

            “Don't worry, I can handle Malfoy,” Aris didn't want Eric involved with Draco Malfoy. She knew Malfoy was trouble and she didn't want Eric involved for his own safety, “besides I already confronted him and was about to turn him into the snake he is, but Snape caught me. Unfortunately it cost Gryffindor 10 house pts and now I've got a week’s worth detention.”

            Aris was dreading detention with Snape as she made her way to Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. It wasn't fair that she was in trouble and not Malfoy, but she knew it wouldn't have done a bit of good to tell Snape what Malfoy was doing because he wouldn't do a thing about it.

            As she entered the door she couldn't believe who was there. There in front of her was the very one responsible for this whole mess. She quickly reached for her wand, but he was quicker.

            “I would not do that if I were you,” Draco Malfoy sneered from where he was sitting on the end of the prof.'s desk, “why don't you have a seat,” and he hit her with a spell that sent her flying backwards hard into a chair.

            Aris tried to move but couldn't. Malfoy stood up; he was dressed all in black, except for his crisp white shirt that was open slightly where he'd unbuttoned it. Aris had to admit he looked really good and he obviously had good taste in clothing, but that was all that was good about him. At least the spell had not made her speechless.

            “Where is Snape,” she demanded.

            Malfoy came to stand over her. He was already a good head taller than her when she was on her feet, now he looked like a giant, Aris couldn't help but tremble slightly, she was completely at his mercy, “The good professor sent me here to inform you that he would be late,” he said smugly, “big mistake on his part, especially for you.”

            Aris was truly afraid now, but she wasn't going to let Malfoy know. He began pacing around her chair in circles like a predator, like the Slytherin snake he was and she felt like the helpless mouse about to become dinner.

            “Let's see, what we shall do with you Donavon, turn you into something hideous maybe, like a baboon, or maybe a wart hog. Hogwarts could use a school mascot,” he sneered.

            “Malfoy, if you know what's good for you, you'll release me now,” she raged.

            “No, I can't do that,” he said bringing his face close enough to hers that their noses were almost touching, “you should have never ran me over the other day and then maybe I wouldn't have noticed you, or how much fun it is seeing you angry, but you really never should have cornered me in that hallway with your little threats,” his silver-blue eyes looking into her bright green ones.

            “I'll make a deal with you Malfoy,” she said, working up some courage, “you release me and we'll let bygones be bygones. I'll leave you alone, you leave me alone, and we will both pretend none of this ever happened.”

            He laughed at her, the stupid ignoramus threw his head back and laughed as if she were telling a joke, “You are funny Donavon, but it's too late for that, and I'm having too much fun. So what should your punishment be,” he was still circling her. Aris was trying everything in her mind she could think of to break free from the binding spell he had on her, but nothing was working.

            He faced her again, “I know,” he said as if he just had a revelation. He took his wand and started running it through her hair, “such beautiful hair,” he murmured near her face, looking at her, “I think it would be very hard on you to face your stupid Gryffindorks with Slytherin green hair.”

            Aris gasped, “you wouldn't.”

            He lifted a strand of her hair near her face and brought it up in front of her, bringing his wand up to it.

            “Don't do it,” she screeched.

            He pointed his wand at the top of her head and Aris watched in shock as he ran his wand through her hair like a brush until from root to tip the large strand of hair was Slytherin green.

            “You are going to pay for this Malfoy,” she hissed through her teeth.

            “I think you need a matching one on the other side,” he smirked.

            Aris fought with everything she was worth to try and break free but it did no good, her wand was still in her pocket and she couldn't move. Malfoy just laughed.

            He grabbed another piece of her hair but just then they heard footsteps outside the door. Malfoy quickly moved back to the desk and just as Snape walked through Malfoy released her from the spell. Aris couldn't help it, her instincts kicked in and she yanked out her wand and was almost on Malfoy.

            “Miss Donavon,” Snape said, his voice raised, “you would think you had learned your lesson earlier. Another week of detention for you. I will not take house points this time since I very much like the new color in your hair. Thank you Mr. Malfoy, that will be all.”

            Draco Malfoy smirked his evil little grin at her as he walked past. Aris thought she was going to vomit.