Chapter 11

It was finally competition day; and that meant it was decision day. For the past week, Abby had parading around the idea of deciding who was staying; you or Eliza. Now, this put a lot of pressure on your shoulders, because you didn't wanna leave. This place had become a second home. The people at the ALDC had become a second family to you. The girls were your sisters. If you had to leave, then what would you do?

Mackenzie could tell something was wrong.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She asked on the bus ride to the competition.

"Nothing." You muttered, your gaze occupied by the window.

"(Y/N)," she sighed, "you and I have been friends for months now, and I know when something's the matter. Does it have anything to do with Eliza?"

You just nodded.

"Look, Eliza isn't the nicest person," Mackenzie said, making you snort, "but one thing that you will always be better at, is dancing. And you have to prove it to her by dancing. Not with words, not even with Josh for god's sake. Just let the dancing do the talking. You hear me, (Y/N)?"

You nodded. "You're right. I should let the dancing do the talking."

"That's my girl."

-

You arrived at the competition, and immediately started running your solo.

"Pointe your feet," Gianna scolded, "you won't win if you don't point your feet."

You nodded, and continued dancing.

Abby had called you and Eliza up to the front.

"Girls," she said, "it's important for you to try your best and win. If Eliza wins, (Y/N), it's over for you. But if (Y/N) wins, then we have a tiebreaker next week. You understand?"

You and Eliza nodded, then the stage manager called you guys backstage.

"Good luck beating me," Eliza told you before she went on, "it'll be tough."

"Let's just let the dancing do the talking." You smirked.

She rolled her eyes, and went onstage.

Unfortunately, she did great.

She hit every pirouette and every side aerial in the damn dance. She pointed her foot so hard, you were surprised it didn't fall off. But there was one thing she was missing in that dance; emotion. Every little girl in ballet class was told from day one that smiling is the most important thing when you dance. But watching Eliza dance was literally like watching a robot dance. No smile, no frown. Just a plain old poker face.

You smirked, knowing you had that against her.

Eliza got offstage and smirked at you. "Good luck beating that, bitch."

Mackenzie's words rang through your head. Let the dancing do the talking.

You rolled your eyes at Eliza, and got onstage.

You made sure to smile throughout the dance. But, you also had to multitask and point your feet too.

You got offstage and smirked. "I think I did just beat that."

-

The group danced, and Abby said you guys did fine.

It was award time now. The moment of truth for you. If you lost this, then it was game over. You kept replaying your solo in your head, and thinking what if I had done this, instead of that? But, there was nothing you could do now. The scores were in, and you had to wait to hear your fate.

"In third place, Brynn with Golden!"

A girl who looked to be around eleven or twelve stood up, and accepted her award.

"In second place..."

This is it.

"Eliza with Free Falling!"

It was almost as if Eliza wasn't expecting to get second. Her face went from smug, to shocked. She weakly got up, and accepted second place.

"And in first place...(Y/N), with Stay!"

Your lips tugged up into a huge smile, and ran up to collect first.

Everything you worked for this week had finally paid off. You beat Eliza this week, and that's all that matters.

-

You walked into the dressing room and cheered. The group had gotten first place, and you had won your solo. By like, ten points. Your mom ran up to you and hugged you. "You did so well." She whispered in your ear.

"Yeah, you did great." A voice said.

You whipped your head around, and as if you couldn't smile more, there stood your boyfriend, grinning from ear to ear, just like the Cheshire Cat.

"You ran up to him, and gave him the biggest hug.

"Thanks." You beamed.

"Another trophy to add to your large collection of them, aye." He smirked, taking the trophy from your hands.

"Oh, hush up." You rolled your eyes, but you could your entire face had turned beet red.

"Well it's true," he dimpled, "I have an extremely talented girlfriend, who I want to show off to the world."

You looked down, and turned a deeper shade of red.

You caught sight of Eliza, and she was rolling her eyes.

Serve's you, bitch you thought, smirking.

You managed to peel the trophy from Josh' embrace, and handed it to your mom for safe keeping. You packed up your stuff, and went on the bus.

"See, what did I tell ya," Mackenzie smirked when you plopped down next to her, "if you just don't acknowledge her, and focus on the dancing, then you will beat whoever you want."

You nodded. "You were right, once again Ms. Ziegler." (Wink wink nudge nudge if you read a+)

"Well, am I ever wrong?" She asks, flipping a strand of her hair.

"Nope," you rolled your eyes, "never."

-

You were still on cloud nine when you got off the bus.

You were still on cloud nine when you were driving home.

You were still on cloud nine when eating dinner.

Hell, you were still on cloud nine when you were showering.

But, my dear, it seems as though you've forgotten about next week.

-

surprise?

idk if people even read this anymore. i just got bored today and figured "hey why not write a chapter of tts" (lol that sounds wrong)

anyway, i'm not sure if this means i'm gonna be updating regularly or not, but i'm not gonna lie, i've sure missed writing this story.

anywho, comment if you want to continue writing this.

as always, comment, vote!

love you!💕