Chapter 12

The following Monday, you seemed pretty confident in yourself. Winning first place really put you up a few pegs.

"Hi!" You smiled to Paige, who grinned back.

"Hey,(Y/N)." She chirped, putting down books in her locker.

"Ugh, I'm so tired." You complained, leaning up against a random locker.

"Well, your mood certainly changed quickly." She laughed, grabbing her binder from her backpack.

"I know," You sighed, rubbing your temple. "I just need to rant to someone."

Paige giggled, shutting her locker. "Well you know I'm always here, (Y/N). Along with the other girls, and Eliza too."

You looked down when Paige mentioned Eliza. Paige had no clue of the way Eliza had been treating you. And you planned on keeping it that way. All the girls (With the exception of Mackenzie) seemed delighted with the idea of Eliza joining the team. They just must've forgotten that in order for that to happen, you would have to leave. Or maybe they did realize that, but they just don't want you on the team.

You and Paige walked into class together, chattering away. You stopped dead when you saw Eliza...in your seat (surprise surprise).

You coughed, which got her and Sophie's attention.

"Oh hey, (Y/N)." Eliza said smugly, plastering a giant smile on her face.

"Hi." You mumbled, setting your stuff down next to Maya.

The trio went on talking, completely leaving you out of the conversation.

You sighed, blowing a strand of your hair out of your face.

"Hey."

You turned your head to find Maya smiling shyly at you, her chestnut hair hidden underneath a hat.

"Hi." You grinned, turning your head towards her.

"I heard you won your solo," Maya spoke. "Congrats."

"I'm sorry." You blurted.

Maya sighed. "It's cool. I guess I overreacted a bit. I totally get it."

You nodded. "Thanks."

-

During math, you decided to get a drink of water.

As you made your way down the vacant hallway, you heard someone talking.

Or, two people.

You followed the sound of the two's voices, and found yourself in front of the janitor's closet.

Leaning your ear against the door, you recognized the voices.

"Jess was right. You really are willing to do anything for money."

"Well," He smugly said. "Money does make the world go 'round."

"Whatever. You got the plan right?" She asked.

"Yeah yeah," He rushed. "Lead Chloe on for a bit, break her heart, and tell her that I've been cheating with (Y/N). It's a fool proof plan."

Your eyes widened. Jake was your friend. He wouldn't do that.

"Perfect."

Leaning away from the door, you ran down the empty hallways, trying to get your thoughts together.

-

Walking down the hallways towards F&8, you suddenly grew nervous.

What if Eliza brainwashed Josh?

What if she said something about me?

What if Chloe believed Jake?

With that to happen, you knew she would tell all the girls, which would turn them all against you.

While all there thoughts were stuck in your brain, you walked into F&8.

Taking a seat next to Jake, you realized something.

I've had enough with Jake.

With the way he's used you in the past, you realized that he was never really a true friend in the first place.

"After we're done with project, we're done with each other." You spat at him.

He seemed quite taken aback. "What?"

"I've had it with you, Jake!" You yelled, snapping your head towards him.

"W-"

"Don't! Just don't! You used me for money! Twice! I'm not some stupid pawn that you can throw around whenever you need a good pay!" You yelled, gaining attention from the whole class.

Stunned at your words, Jake was speechless.

You took a couple of deep breaths, trying to calm yourself down.

"How'd you find about about-"

"Next time you wanna have a secret meeting, don't do it in the janitor's closet." You replied.

The room was silent for a good bit, until Josh spoke up.

"(Y/N)," He softly talked. "What're you talking about?"

Shaking your head, you replied with a sob escaping from your lips. You got up, and ran to the girls' bathroom.

Josh just sighed, and went back to work with Eliza, who was smiling smugly, knowing that she had made you crack.

But the thing that hurt you the most, was the fact that Josh didn't go after you. And that speaks for itself.

-

You spent the next ten minutes sobbing uncontrollably on a dirty school toilet. (me af last friday. apart from the toilet part. i watched titanic for the first time.)

You took a deep breath, and gathered yourself together.

I can't let this girl think she can control my life.

But right now, it seemed that she was doing exactly that.

-

At dance that day, (of course) you and Eliza were both assigned solos.

Yours was called Kids in the Dark (by All Time Low) and her hers was titled Wildest Dreams (by Taylor Swift).

By the looks of it, Eliza's was definitely better. Better choreography, more time, and from the way Abby described it, a better costume.

During break, while the girls were engrossed with what Eliza had to say, you and Mackenzie stayed in the corner, quietly talking with each other.

"It just - it feels like my life is falling apart." You sighed, picking your chipped nail polish.

"Well..." She trailed off. "You'll figure it out. I know you, (Y/N). You're gonna find a way to fix this mess."

You nodded, not believing her. If you could figure a way to fix things, you already would've.

-

i've decided to continue this.

i read your guys' comments, and you all really want me to continue this.

you ask, you shall receive.

BUT that doesn't mean i'm going to be updating as often as a+ and fangirl.

i'm winging my way through this whole story, and that's the best it's gonna be

and i still haven't decided whether or not there will be a third book in this series. at first i had the whole series planned out, but i realized the ideas were tacky and predictable, so i came up with a new one.

comment, vote!

love you!💕