Chapter 13

Middle school breathes shítty people. -Arden Rose

At dance, everyone had seemed to keep their distance from you. No one asked you to join them to warm up, no one wanted to stand next to you in the group dance, which made you wonder.

What if no one wants me here?

Mackenzie however, stood her ground and stayed by your side.

"Eliza won't brainwash me. I promise." She had laughed, when you asked her by she stayed by your side.

Dance wasn't the only sign. When you had walked back to the lunchroom the next day, Mackenzie was the only one who would talk to you.

You tired everything to fit in. You felt helpless. But no one gave a second thought about you.

-

Saturday came around rather quickly. The next day was Valentine's Day, and originally Josh had planned on taking you out somewhere, but cancelled suddenly. Something about the project with Eliza.

Mackenzie even didn't sit next to you on the bus. She said that she had to talk to Maddie about something.

This was the day that decided your fate. If you won, then you would get to stay on the team.

But the odds seems to be against you. Eliza had the better costume, better choreography, and the support of all the girls.

Something told you that if you won, not many people would be happy.

Everything was so much easier before. Back in the summer. Even with Jess, because she had no chance of ruining your life, but Eliza had your life in the palm of her hands.

You did your makeup, and sighed. Tears threatened your eyes, but you quickly wiped them away, knowing you would get scolded by Abby if she saw.

You put on your costume, then started running your dance. Your mom was the only one paying attention.

"Come here." She said, pulling you in.

You rested your head against her shoulder and started silently sobbing.

"I hate it. I hate it." You whispered.

"I know." She murmured, running her fingers thought your hair.

Your mom pulled away, the leaned down to look at you. She wiped your tears, and smiled. "No matter what happens today, know that I love you, and nothing will change that. Abby's opinion or not."

You nodded, still sniffling a little.

"Look, she's crying."

You shopped out head around, to find Eliza whispering with her mother, and laughing.

"She's a terrible person, mom." You spoke.

She sighed. "Middle school is full of the worst people, (Y/N). Once it's over,  everyone is sorta done with being rude, and talking behind people's backs. I promise you, it will get better."

You nodded.

"Girls!" Abby called.

Your mother gave you an encouraging smile, and you walked up to Abby.

Eliza stood next to you.

"I want you girls to know that this is it. Whoever loses, is off. For good." Abby said.

No pressure or anything.

"I can do it." Eliza said proudly.

"That's the spirit. See, (Y/N), you could leant a thing or two from her." Abby smirked.