★ | 004. magic bullet

Book: Heartbreaker
Chapter 4: Magic Bullet
Word Count: 3594

Book: HeartbreakerChapter 4: Magic BulletWord Count: 3594

Jace stared at the test paper held in his hands glumly. A big, red C scribbled on the top. In his opinion a C wasn't that bad. His mum on the other hand was probably gonna have a heart attack. He had been successfully avoiding giving his mum any of his test papers but the excuses were starting to run out and Miranda Montgomery had lost her patience.

Lydia walked next to the brunette boy down the halls of Beacon Hills High, rolling her eyes when she caught sight of the test. "Didn't you study my notes."

"I did!" Jace replied quickly but it was obvious to anyone that he was lying. He sighed and scrunched the test into his bag, trying to rid it from his thoughts. "Okay. I confess, I didn't but it's not my fault. Lately I've just felt like... I'm being watched."

Lydia raised her eyebrow in confusion. "What do you mean?"

He tried to form the right words in his head but everything was sounding crazy. "Like if I'm walking to my car or even in my bedroom. I don't know... maybe I'm going crazy but I swear that someone's watching me."

The strawberry blonde pursed her lips, holding back an amused smile. "Maybe Scott's turned into a peeping Tom."

He strained a laugh. "Very funny." He shook off the thought of someone watching him and just put it down to watching to many horror movies and being alone at home to much. He wasn't going to worry about something that didn't need to be worried about.

"Speaking of Scott, is he still coming over to your house tonight?" Lydia asked as they started to climb some stairs, getting closer to Lydia's locker.

"After he finishes lacrosse practice. It's a study date. Though I hope he's smarter then I am." Jace, for once, was glad that his mum was working late because that meant him and Scott had the house to themselves for a couple hours.

"Studying never ends with just studying. It's like getting into a hot tub, somebody eventually cops a feel. Especially when it's with you. I have a feeling this study date is gonna end with you two having no clothes on. Make sure he covers up." Lydia smirked, getting a glint in her eyes.

"Don't worry. I'm always prepared." He said, digging in his bag and pulling out silver, sqaure packet with a smile.

"Why did you bring it to school?" Lydia questioned, watching her best friend put the condom back in his hand bag.

"Like I said, I'm always prepared.You never know what could happen... or where it could happen." He grinned as Lydia laughed. His mind went back to the boy who was coming over to his house and he swore his heart skipped a beat. "I've never been this excited to have a guy come over before."

"It's your brain flooding with phenylethylamine."

He huffed. "Lydia we have discussed. Stop using big words I have no idea the meaning of to me." He joked but still had no idea what his best friend had just said.