Chapter 25

"I never knew you use to live in Starling." Barry says as we sit in the van. He scoots over next to me, but still gives space in between us.

"Not a lot of people here do." I mumble.

"Why would they be at your old house?" Cisco asks.

"Why is everyone asking me?" I groan in frustration. "I don't know everything, Cisco." I mumble. He nods before looking away. Barry sets his hand in between us, signaling for me to grab his hand. I give him a slight smile before grabbing his hand. 

"It'll be fine." He whispers. 

If only he knew it wasn't.

***

We park the van almost a mile away from my old house. Barry gets out before me, so he holds his hand out to help me down. I take it as I jump out with the bag in my hand. I knock on the driver seat door.

"Caitlin, if we aren't out in an hour, call for help... I guess." I shrug. I go to walk away but she calls my name. "Hm?"

"Stay safe." She says with a worried smile. 

"As always." I push up a smile before running off to catch up with Barry. Soon, we're right outside of my past home. "Do we knock?" I joke. 

"Around back." Barry says, totally ignoring my words of lightening the situation. I quietly sigh, but stay guard as Barry runs around back. I hear shouts, and I take that as my cue. I back up before slamming my body into the door. It gets some attention, but most is on Barry. The two men jump towards me, but I jump out of the way. I grab one's head, and he shrinks before his remains turn to dust. I face the other one, as he tries to run away. I grab the man's head, and he turns to dust. I step away from the pile, and look around. What once use to be my bright orange living room walls are now cream colored with daisies. I look around the the furniture they replaced mine with. I look around at the paint covered memories.

***

"Dad, you just spilt grape juice on the carpet! Hurry!" I say, grabbing paper towels. 

"10-1!" My dad yells and I laugh. 

"Sergeant, what now?" I ask, soaking the carpet in water. 

"Rinse and dry!" He yells as he quickly runs around. 

"Stain remover." I say running to the cupboard. 

***

I laugh out as I put a poster on my wall. 

"Why Party! At the Disco?" My dad asks. 

"It's panic, dad, panic." I say giving him a look of stupidity. "And I love, love, love Panic! At the Disco!" I yell. 

"Just another boy band..." He mumbles under his breath. 

"Excuse you? What did you say?" I ask, trying not to laugh. 

***

 I reach my hand up to my face to feel a tear falling. I quickly wipe it away before running up the stairs. I hear more yelling from a female. I find where it's coming from. 

My old room. 

I run in the door to find Johnny inside the room with tape over his mouth. He looks at me with pleading eyes. Then they widen in fear. I whip around to face the man that was after him. He smiles at me before swinging his fist. I react to slow before his fist hits my face. Barry runs in and starts untying Johnny. 

I swing my fist at the man but he catches it. He twist my wrist back until we both hear a snap. I cry out in pain. 

I keep getting hurt.

I back away from him, holding my wrist. I take a second to think before I run at him. I jump in the air before spinning around to land him a kick to the face. He staggers back, caught off guard. I hear him mumble something.

"Barry, get him out of here." I demand. He rushes off but is back in a second. Barry joins me in fighting. 

More men run up the stairs.  I run out of the room and Barry does the same. I run up behind a man, and place my hands on his head. He turns to dust as I run to the next one. I throw a punch, catching him off guard as well. He falls back into the wall. I take his shoulder, and knee him in the stomach. I throw him back and down the stairs. He tumbles down before falling unconscious. I look to my left to see Barry being throw to the ground. I get too distracted to notice the man to my right. He throws a punch knocking me to the ground. 

I look up to see Barry being shot. The bullet shoots into him, blood dripping out as he falls to the ground. Dead. 

"No!" I yell as I stand up. I slam my foot into the ground only to appear back in STAR Labs.