Chapter 3

Jayden's POV
--------------------

I spent the days after Gemma's dinner party unpacking all my stuff. Gemma had it painted before I got there which I'm so thankful for because the walls I saw in the photos were hideous.

Today I had job interviews at several different places. Most of them being restaurants.

I got ready, got in my car and drove toward downtown Charming. I decided that since most if my interviews were in downtown I would just park and walk. My first interview was at the local diner, I applied for both waitress and hostess there. After that I had interviews at a few bars and another on that I wasn't sure of because Gemma hadn't told me about it until this morning. 

When I got to that on I didn't even go inside, I just turned around and drove back to TM.

"Really Gemma," I said walking into the office, "a strip club! What kind of girl do you think I am?" I almost yelled.

"Okay I see how that looked, but thee interview was for a bartender," Gemma defended "and it was only a last resort job."

"Thanks Gemma but I think I got the job at the diner. They said they would let me know soon."

"That's great! Hey if you want some lunch I think Bobby made some sandwiches." Gemma said then looked back to the papers that littered her desk.

I left thee office and walked toward the clubhouse, I looked inside the garage as I passed and saw that almost all the guys were working on a different car. In the short time I have been here I don't think I have seen so many cars here before. 

Just as I go to the clubhouse and pushed open the door the loud screech of tires caught my attention. I turned my head to get a look at the car but gun shots rang out.

I was pulled into the clubhouse with someone shielding my body with theirs.

When the shots stopped I heard the car peel away; the person shielding me from harm pulled us up off the ground. On my feet again I turned and saw my savior was Happy.

"Thank you." I told him. He looked down at me and nodded before walking outside. I followed him out wanting to make sure everyone was okay.

Gemma found me fist and made sure I was okay before I could even ask her. Then she ran off to find Clay before I could try and ask her again.

All the guys who were on the premises were gathered in front of the clubhouse. I quickly walked over there looking firstly for my dad to make sure he's okay.

Once I got there the conversation seemed to die down and they guys left slowly after Jax came up and said something about church.

My dad and a few others were the only ones left and when he looked up from his cigarette and saw me he rushed over to me.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah I'm fine, Happy pulled me into the clubhouse before I was hit."

My dad turned toward Happy and gave him a nod of thanks, Happy nodded back and walked back into the clubhouse.

"I have to go lass stay by Gemma or one of the prospects."

"Where are you going?"

"Club business"

I rolled my eyes. My dad had told me everything about the club and I had taken it fairly well, I think.

I did lock myself in my house for a few days but I was trying to digest everything my dad had told me. I also didn't answer my phone, but that was mostly because I couldn't find it and it was silent. But after 3 days my dad sent someone to my house. That person just so happened to be Happy ( I think they are trying to force something). He nearly kicked my door off its hinges then dragged me to the clubhouse in my PJs.