Chapter 15

Jayden's POV
-------------------

Its been a few weeks since the fight and the make up and in a few days my bestfriend Jared would be here.

I leaned against the counter as another wave of nausea washed over me. I stood there for a few minutes to catch my breath before continuing with my work. this is the second time that its happened and if it continues then I'll be sent home, and I literally cannot afford that- I'm barley paying my bills as it is.

"Hey Jay, can you cover my tables for a few minutes?" Sarah asked.

"Yeah sure." I mumbled.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine" I said and plastered a smile on my face.

"Okay..." she responded unsure of whether to believe me or not then went to do what she was going to.

Unlucky for me she came back when another wave of nausea hit me and I supported myself against the counter once more.

"Hey what's wrong?" Sarah asked rushing over to help me.

"Nothing, just a little nausea."

"Do you need a doctor?"

"No, I'm fine it'll pass."

"It could be the flu, and if it is you need meds."

"Would it make you feel better if I went to the doctor?" I asked.

"Yes." she stated bluntly.

"Good, now lets finish up here so we can go get some dinner." she yelled excitedly, I laughed at her instant mood change.

When the diner closed at 7 me and Sarah left and went to dinner at the near by Applebee's. While we were there she pestered me to make the doctors appointment but I kept putting her off.
Well she got tired of that and stole my phone making the appointment herself.

It was tomorrow.

"Its not that big a deal." I said.

"Yes it is, I cant have my bestfriend bed ridden with a cold or worse."

"It was just a little nausea, its probably because I haven't eaten much today."

Then she gave me that look that said stop arguing, so I stopped and dealt with the fact that I had no choice but to go to the doctors tomorrow, I hate going to the doctors.

*Next Day*

"So is Happy going with you?" Sarah asked.

"No, he's out of town today and part of tomorrow, he doesn't even know I'm going."

"Great, I'll go with you instead." she smiled.

"You don't have to."

"I want to."

"If you say so."

"I do and I'll drive."

"But my car is here." I argued.

"That's okay."

I rolled my eyes at her and allowed her to drag me to her car.

********

I sat in the quiet room waiting for the doctor to come back and tell me what's going on.

After a few more minutes of waiting the doctor finally came back.

"Congratulations Miss. Telford. " he smiled after he entered the room.

I sighed, I knew what that meant.

"Now, here are some pamphlets I'd advise you to read them carefully. And this is a prescription if you choose this path if not I completely understand and have these for you." he said and handed me a few more pamphlets.

"Thank you doctor." I said and stood up, I wanted to get out of there as soon as possible.

"Have a good night." he smiled.

"Thanks, you too." I said and quickly left.

When I reached the waiting room I quickly pulled Sarah up and out of the building.

"What happened? What did the doctor say?"

I didn't answer her I just passed her the pamphlets and let her figure it out.

"Jay, this is great news!" she said excitedly.

"Is it?" I questioned

"Yeah.. isn't it?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know, this is great news and you know it."

I thought for a minute and realized that I was just being stupid and that Sarah was right, this is great news.

"You're right," I said "this is great news."

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Authors note: I'm sorry this is several weeks too late. I have been very busy with school and weekend plans, I keep trying to stick to my update schedule but it hasn't been easy. I'm going to try and update again on Saturday but if not it will be as soon as possible.

Comment

Vote

Thx:)