Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The next few days went by without incident, both Cade and Cord seemed to be settling in at the Compound and this eased Eli’s uncertainty regarding her one day wanting to leave. He pulled back a little and didn’t visit her as often as he had knowing she would need space and time to consider what they both already knew.

Eli wasn’t looking forward to speaking to Cade about it, he had a feeling she wouldn’t want to discuss or even acknowledge what was between them. This and the fact she was so young were what had kept him from speaking to her about it so far, but he knew they would have to discuss their situation soon; if only to appease his Wolf and help them both remain calm.

He sighed as he went about his duties, he was on early morning border patrol and wasn’t too happy about it as he wouldn’t be there to watch over Cade and Cord at the end of her session. Nate however said he’d take his place on patrol but he declined the offer knowing he needed to pull his weight. He also needed to give Cade the space to train her brother without him always there to supervise.

He’d checked the roster and saw that Marcus was up for this morning’s session, he hadn’t had much of anything to do with Cade or Cord since they’d arrived, but he was a good trainer so he was fine about leaving her in his hands. He also noted that they’d be doing a run today rather than training to check the stamina of each of the juveniles.

Eli looked up at the sky and saw that it was going to be a clear day also a hot day and wondered yet again as to why Cade always wore clothing that covered her up so much. She had to be hot always wearing jeans and long sleeves, but she never complained or attempted to shove up her sleeves. He shrugged off the thought, he couldn’t do anything about it and wasn’t about to ask her either, so concentrated on the task at hand.

                                                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cade left early to get to training as she usually did, she liked to loosen up before they got started. Taylor and Leith as well as Blake and Tomas had begun joining her and all stated that it helped them feel less stiff and sore afterwards.

She was wearing a pair of black leggings that hugged her body and gave her the freedom of movement she wanted when training, but it showed of every curve she had and when she spotted Blake checking out her butt she mock thumped him, “You check me out like that again and I might just have to put you on your arse like I did Leith.”

The poor guy turned red and nodded mumbling an apology. She grinned, “It’s okay Blake just don’t make a habit out of it okay.”

“Okay.” He said and they both got on with stretching until Marcus arrived.

Marcus entered the training centre and eyed his charges; he enjoyed training the boys it gave him a sense of giving back to the Pack. He was the youngest of the Enforcers and always felt like he had to prove himself, but when he trained the Pack’s youth he always got a good feeling about what he did.

He smiled as he looked over the trainees then he spotted Cade and his smile faltered. “Quiet!” he called, “when everyone is ready.” He waited for silence and deliberately kept his eyes away from Cade.

“Okay, okay, instead of training today we’re going to do a cross country run. I want to see what you are all made of and who might need to build up their stamina. I’ll be in the lead so keep up. We won’t be stopping for any slow-coaches.”

Cade was looking forward to the run but just before Marcus arrived she started feeling a little uncomfortable. She had a dull ache in her stomach and felt a little off so she approached Marcus knowing that as a trainer he’d do what was best for her.