Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Eli sensed the change in Cade and quickly moved towards her needing to know what was wrong. Angelique stood up realising something was amiss and waited knowing Eli would tell them what to do.

“Cade what is it I don’t sense anything?”

Cade kept looking out as if into space, her senses seemed heightened and her body super sensitive to touch; it was as if she could feel what was happening around her. She needed to focus or she’d lose it. She felt Eli move a hand to touch her and brought both hers up holding them out in front of her letting him know not to touch her.

He took a step back pulling Angelique to his side and waited unsure of what else he should do. Angelique remained silent at his side wrapping an arm around his waist as she needed the comfort of touch.

Cade was surprised when she’d caught the scent of Were on the wind and when she took another breath she felt sick to her stomach. The scent was unlike any she’d come across before, it was Were’s she was certain of it but there was a wild feral touch to their scent. It seemed somehow wrong and that’s what caught her attention more than anything else. It took her another minute to realise why then she turned to her mate.

“Rouges, at least three, no four of them! I’m not sure if they’re passing through or looking to stay in the area. Either way we need to stop them before people start getting hurt.”

Eli studied her face, saw the fear she held in her eyes and nodded, “I can’t scent them Cade but I’ll take your word for it. Will you be able to recognise the scents again?”

She nodded then he moved grabbing her arm and guiding both women back to the car. Once they were on the road he handed Cade his mobile and told her to call Nicolas. She looked at him at a loss as to what to do and Angelique took it from her realising she probably didn’t know how to use one. She went to contacts and scrolled down and called Nicolas before handing it off to Cade.

She held it to her ear listening as it rang once, twice, three times before it was answered, “Eli! Your brother and his friend are not happy that you three ditched them.”

Cade broke in, “Nicolas it’s Cade we’re on our way back to the Compound. I scented Rouges at the beach, at least four of them. Can you please have Jaz or someone meet us I don’t want Angelique to be alone?”

“Angelique? Oh you mean Angie; of course come straight to Braedon’s office I’ll have Jaz waiting for you. Is anyone injured?”

“No we’re fine Nicolas we’ll be there soon.” She handed the phone back to Angelique and she hung up and passed it back to Eli.

“When this is over my little mate I will not only be getting you a mobile phone I will have Taylor teach you how to use it.”

“Can’t you teach me?”

He laughed, “Taylor is younger and therefore has more understanding of such things. He could probably teach me a great deal although I would never admit that to him.”

“Do I really need one?”

“There will be times when you might need one. I’ll feel more at ease knowing you have one and also know how to use it.”

She nodded, “Okay, but how about Angelique?”

“We’ll get her one as well.” He smiled grateful that she wasn’t fighting him on the matter then concentrated on driving.

Cade saw how nervous Angelique was getting, “You do realise that both Taylor and Leith are going to want to teach us and that they are so going to enjoy every minute of it.” She grinned and Angelique laughed which was what she wanted.