The Dart

As I swung through the never-sleeping city, I hear a commotion near one of the residential districts. my Spidey Senses picked up on the danger and my reflexes kicked in as I changed my course. In under a minute I was on the roof of one of the buildings making the ally that the fight was happening in. 

Not long after, I spotted the source of the noise. It was none other than my long-time boyfriend, Wade Wilson A.K.A. Deadpool. I decided that he was on one of jobs but as I was about to turn away, I caught a glimpse of what his opponent had in his hand. What I had originally thought was just a regular gun was in fact a dart gun.

This caught my attention because, who would just carry around a dart gun? As Wade hacked away happily at the minions, the one that seemed to be the leader took aim. Faster than I thought was possible, the dart had left the chamber and landed in my boyfriends neck.

At the time both Wade and I shook it off like it was nothing, but then from my perch, I could see Wade getting sloppier with his swings. That was the first red light, Wade thrived in battle, he never got tired. The second, came when the leader had shot that dart, told his men to /finish him off/. Ummm...  I don't know how new this guy was to New York, but I'm pretty sure that everyone knew that one did not simply /finish Deadpool off/.

Sure enough though, one of the minions got in a lucky shot and nailed Wade in the head. I knew that in an hour or so, Wade would get back up so I decided to go back to our apartment.

A few minutes later, I was back on our couch in Deadpool PJ's. (Don't laugh, last Christmas I saw our masks on a few sets of PJ's and decided to get them for us.) Anyway, I was lounging on our couch binge-watching Arrow and I didn't realize how much time had gone by until Netflix came up with that wonderful little 'are you still watching' message and I looked at the clock.

5 hours had gone by and Wade still wasn't home. My worry meter skyrocketed. Why was't he home? Had something happened? I decided to call him to get answers to these questions. I picked up my phone and dialed Wade's number. After what seemed like forever, the call went to voicemail. That made  me worry even more, if he had his phone off, it would have gone straight to voicemail, not rung a billion times first.

Quicker than I had ever thought possible, I was back in my suit and heading back to the last place I had seen him, that alley. When I finally arrived, what I saw, froze me to the spot.

________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the short intro chapter, but this is going to be my first ever actual book. As such I will tell you now that I do not have an updating schedule and I may never have one. Any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is appreciated, and I will try to have the next chapter out sometime this week.

-Genna