Chapter 4

Lily p.o.v

3 weeks. That is how long i have been with the team, and in this island. Enough to see how greedy the mayor is and how selfish and rude he can really be. Well it is time for someone else to get in the position, and i was thinking of myself as a good candidate.

"I've had enough!" I slammed my hands on the table.

"Of what exactly miss monacre (mon-ache-er)?" Chief said, putting his news paper down.

"The mayor. He is nothing but a selfish and egotistical man, who only cares about himself and what happens to him and his wife only. Someone should step up and take action. Be the new mayor." I slammed my fist on my chest.

"Ow." Cody then came in the room.

"Why don't you run for mayor lily? You sound like someone who is much wiser and is willing to put the safety of others first." I blushed a little.

"But i don't know how to do that exactly." They all smiled.

"The re-elections are in two months. If you can convince the island you are better for mayor, than luskey is, then you are for sure to be the next mayor." Danie gestured to me.

"But you need to study politics, and office, and all those things." Graham intruded.

"Got that covered. That was part of my training in the army ya know. So, what now?" Next thing i know, my hair is in a bun, and i am wearing a dark blue suit, with a white button up under shirt, along with black pumps. Great.

"Now, remember your speech?" Graham said to me from behind the curtains. I was giving a speach to the entire island, and then some. Even optimus's holoform was in the crowd, and ironhide, bumblebee, arcee, ratchet, and even my brothers.

I took a deep breath.

"My fellow people of griffin rock. I, Lilerjia Yomeki Monacre, am a running competitor for the title of mayor. But, let us not get ahead of ourselves, for i can actually provide safety for all of you." I took the mic.

"You all have been in danger, many times all do to selfish acts of mayor luskey. But i can assure you, that if i were to become mayor, your safety will be first. Your lives are more important. I may not have been born and raised here, but i too lived in a friendly community like all of you do. We all knew eachother. We all had the happy times, and the painful ones together. And i know, that in this community, we can all make a difference. Please, take in careful consideration the safety of the next generation, and the next, and the next, and so forth. Would you rather have them in the hands of a mayor who only cares for more upgrades and mostly his own lifestyle?" I looked to luskey with a scowl, but then i went into a smile and looked at the crowd.

"Or a mayor who will care for each and everyone of you. A mayor who will be willing to risk her own life in order to keep every one of you safe and sound. Sure, it may help to keep a few old school things around, because they too have value, but new things are good too, as long as we go for them, one step at a time. May the choice, be in you. Vote for mayor monacre." Everyone clapped and cheered.

I felt so good inside, i even looked to see my family smile and nod. Meaning i did a great job.

**one week later**

Since i gave my speech, i would be busy with the running for mayor thing, but i never forgot my job.

"Guys, Mrs. Needlelander called. Mr. Pettypaws is stuck in the tree again." Cody informed us through the comm links. Chief and i went to the rescue.

"Here kitty kitty." I placed a bowl of milk of the ground, and clicked my tounge. The cat came down on his own.

"Thank you. But how did you do that without going up for him?" The lady said to me.

"I dealt with the same problem back home years ago. Mrs. Needlelander, whenever he gets stuck in the tree, just click your tongue and put a bowl of milk of the ground. He will come on his own. There is no need to call for the rescue team a the time he gets up there, besides, it will help him come down on his own whenever he is stuck." She thanked me again, and we went back to the bunker.

"Nice job lily. And thank you. We have been doing that cat rescue for as long as we can remember." I smiled. Graham came up to me.

"Lily, you have to come meet the new bots." I then saw a buff looking bot, he had a recycling vehicle mode. The other was slim, and he had a racing car vehicle mode.

(Picture uptop. Blurr is the purple one, salvage is the big guy)

"The name's blurr. And this is my partner, salvage. We hear that you have been keeping an eye on optimus prime." I smiled.

"More like has been keepin and optic on me. I am lily by the way. Pleasha to meet y'all." We shook hands.

(Okay, cuz i think he is so sweet and i like his accent. Salvage is the lucky bachelor to be her lover. Mwahahahaha!! I apologize to all of you who voted on someone else, but my own imagination sometimes takes over.)

"Anything else graham, cuz i can tell through yer tone." I looked to him and stole a glance at salvage.

"Yes, your way ahead on the poles. Looks like your speach really did hit everyone right in the heart. And it seems as though those re-elections were moved to three weeks from now." I was surprised. But glad that everyone took my speach nicely.

"Huxley Prescott here, bringing you the latest on the mayor elections. It seems our new arrival from the mainland will be Ms. Mayor, very soon. And if she is watching this, you can count on my vote, Ms. Soon-to-be-mayor. This is Huxley Prescott, signing off." The news went off, and i was astonished. This was really happening.

**two weeks later**
(Sorry for the many time skips. But i wanna get to the good shtuff.)

Oh primus, ooohhh primus. It is just one week from the re-elections. The entering of votes is two days before the mayor is announced, and i am nervous as hell right now.

"Hey lily, watcha shakin about?" I looked to see salvage looking at me worried, or was that just my eyes.

"Nothing. Just that the mayor elections are next week, and i am running for mayor. If i win, the lives of all griffin rock rest in my hands. I don't think i can do this." I started to hyperventilate. Then, a man around his middle 20s embraced me in a soothing hugg. He was about 5'9", dirty blonde hair, he was wearing a yellow shirt, with navy blue overalls, and some black heavy work boots. He also wore construction gloves, and he had the sweetest smile. I couldn't help but stare into his dazzling golden orange eyes. He was tan, and muscular. Toned and fit, but still a big guy.

"Salvage?" He smiled.

"I thought you needed some reassurin. I know you can win this. Ya just gotta believe in yourself." He pecked my cheek and his holoform disappeared. I held the place he kissed me, and blushed. I am falling, for a huge alien robot. But he is kind, and sweet. He is also, caring and a really big softie.

Oh, who am i kidding?! I love salvage!