Me(ow)

Hello.

It is not a pleasure to see you. Oh right.

Where are my manners? I need to introduce myself.

I am Maize, and according to the dumb human, I have lived two and a half years.

You see, I am a cat, and there are many troubles. Those that trouble you, and those you want to trouble.

One of the former being food.
Finding food that is edible is hard enough. Having that food be nice to eat is a different thing in its entirety.
So, as cats, if food that is nice and edible is within reach, never let it go.
Which was how I found the human I now room with.
He is a strange one. Always coming back late at night. He always gives me a cuddle before he showers.
I personally abhor that action. Hugs before showers. That dumb smelly human. Ugh. I spend the day grooming my fur and he comes and makes me all dirty and smelly again. Ew.

But this human, compared to others, can be categorized as smart.
Why?
He never wears those wretched pieces of fake smooth fur when he sleeps. Except for the things he calls "boxers". He said those were to protect him and that I could not remove those.
Well, he is smart, he knows how to protect himself from injury.
I don't understand humans.
They are born without fur, even if they wore a layer of fake fur, no one would believe it was real fur.
This human knows when I want hugs and willingly gives them. Good human.

I possess a strong dislike towards those who act like they've known me forever and reach for my head.
My head is reserved only for that one human's pat.

I adore my human in all ways but sometimes the feeling is not mutual. And it's... My fault.
Unfortunately, today... Will be one of those days.

CRASH!!!

The vase containing a few stalks of beautiful roses fell over and its shards scattered all over the floor. The pink petals fluttered in the wind before landing on the floor. Since the vase fell, everything inside spilled as well. The wet sand, decorative rocks and marbles spilled and rolled towards me.

MEOW!!!

I let out a high-pitched mew, when I myself tripped on the marbles and fell flat in the ground. I'm thoroughly embarrassed and annoyed.
Embarrassed because I have never let out such an awful unladylike sound for the whole of my life.
And annoyed because I did not mean to knock down the human's pretty vase. He did mention that it was given to him by his "parents".
Who are they? His close friends? What are... Parents? I don't think I've ever seen any of this species. And apparently, every human has their own parents. Since the human said his parents.
I was, anyway, trying to get the jar of cookies behind the vase. As I reached for it, my tail knocked over the vase. When I jumped down in an attempt to save the darn thing, I fell.
Now, one thing about humans is that they refuse to understand the other party. Regardless of species, gender, race or whatever.
They only bother about themselves and think others are always in the wrong. Simply because they don't stop to think about other possible scenarios.
Why is it so difficult for them to see from the other's point of view?
Reason why the many people in the screen always fight.
Oh, the people are sometimes nice and listen to the other's opinion, but then they do that only when they need information.
So stupid it becomes funny.

Creak... "Maize, I'm home!"

Oh dear... It's The Human.

Run.

I scuttled under the sofa, afraid of what he would do.
"Maize... Where are you–oh my."
He must have seen the mess I made. He's going to get mad, like when I clawed at the curtains trying to run away from that dog he once brought over.
"Oh Maize, there you are, come out." I felt familiar hands pulling at my sides.

Nuuuuuuuu.

I tried, but failed to hide away from him. I settled for using my paws to cover my face. Human must be mad with me for breaking his vase.
"Maize, don't hide from me. Come on, I have someone I want you to meet."

Hmmm?

Errh, did he not notice the mess I created?

Human brings me over to the entrance of the unit we stay in. There's another human.

Ooh, this human looks interesting... Like that animal with antlers, or so I've heard from my human.
What was that song he kept using to tease a friend?
Do, a deer, a female deer
Oh. Human brought over a deer.

"Hey Lay. And who's this?" unfamiliar deer stares at me. It is smiling. That is creepy.

"She is Maize. My cat."

Who is this Lay you speak of, deer?

A/N:
If you bother to read this...

Yay! I really like this fanfic idea of mine, and I hope if you are reading it, you read happily~ hopefully it will make your day a bit brighter, through the eyes of a cat

Have a gorgeous day!!