interlude (2)

Lay.

Today, for once, was actually productive. My class did listen to me, strangely enough. I was certainly expecting more chaos, having taught this same dance crew since well... Since they were formed.

I'm getting old.

Tao recently had to go to China for some modelling project where the shoot had to be done there and nowhere else. That meant that for the next two years, I would have to deal with dumpling Friday on my own. That was one of the saddest things that could be sad. No one should ever need to eat alone; the loneliness would be unbearable. I mean, aren't we humans all social creatures? Oh, perhaps not dear Kyungsoo, though I am positive the kid has his reasons for shying away from humans in general.

In the midst of my wandering thoughts, I passed by a dim and dull alley with paint chipping off the walls and the faint stench of vomit emanated from the drain. Despite all the unlikeable points of this seemingly plain place, something drew me in. As I slowly ambled further into the alley, I spotted a watered-down cardboard box that tumbled to its side slightly. Upon closer inspection, it was a food carton. A biscuit carton.

After a good minute of watching the box tumble here and there, leaving a trail of Froot Loops in the path it created, I grabbed the box on impulse. I was not expecting to see a tail stick out of the opened portion of the carton. The fur was a beautiful mix of grey, brown and black fur that I could not resist the urge to touch it.

Out from the box, the kitten made its way. Slowly but surely, inch by inch of its body was revealed and finally, her tiny body had emerged. Tiny since she was, after all, a kitten but it was also due to how little she ate. An endearing little creature overall, despite the cereal bits stuck to parts of her knotted fur. As soon as her ears twitched and she gave a big long yawn, I knew I had found a new family member.

Looks like dumpling night would be replaced with playtime.