BONUS: Casey & April

AN: Long chapter ahead full of #Capril fluffiness ^_^

Proposal

Casey Jones had never felt so nervous in his entire life. Everything has to be perfect tonight if it's going to well, something that Raphael told him almost as much as the man told himself. April has been patient with him, far more patient than he deserves.

Casey sighs, looking to the little black box tucked away in his pocket. He can just see the shadow marking on his arm peeking out from under his sleeve, reminding him of why it's taken so long for him to get back to normal.

"I don't think I can do this," he whispers to himself, already feeling unnecessarily anxious for when April will arrive. "What would you tell me right now?" he wonders, thinking of his Spanish friend who died around five years ago.

The twenty-five year old shuts his eyes, trying to remember what she looked like the last time he saw her; seventeen years old, happy, almost at peace. For a moment, he swears that he can hear her.

"Hockey Puck, this girl loves you. You're twenty-five, she's twenty-four, it's the perfect time to finally settle down and start a family," she seems to say. He imagines her smile. "And come on, really? You can't do this? Remember what I told you? Yeah, you've got this, Jones."

"Hey Casey!"

He nearly jumps, looking up at the owner of the voice. April stands before him, a shy smile on her face. She's wearing a simple red dress, casual yet cute. Her hair is out of its usual ponytail, falling around her shoulders. Casey has to remind himself not to gape at her for too long.

"Sorry I'm late. Work went a little longer than usual," she apologizes, slipping into the spot in front of him.

He gulps. "Uh...y-yeah, no problem, Red."

He flashes his signature smile, making her smirk and roll her eyes. She settles down to look at the menu, seemingly oblivious to her boyfriend's nervousness. He grips the box in his pocket a little tighter, running over what he should say.

"Uh...April?" he asks, his voice almost breaking.

Her baby blue eyes flicker upwards over the menu. "Uh...Casey?" she imitates, making him let out a short laugh.

"Hey, look...um...we've been through some times, huh?" he asks. "Like...I completely smacked you with a hockey puck when we first met, and I didn't understand anything about Trig and I said that you dig at x because 'X marks the spot'."

She laughs. "You really angered me sometimes," she agrees. "And for the most part, that hasn't changed."

He rubs the back of his neck, tousling his shaggy hair. "Yeah, and then I got eaten by a giant worm?"

"That was so gross!" She laughs as she pokes her tongue out. "But I'm glad you got service from the digestive system."

He doesn't respond, just gazing at her as she laughs again at the idea. She just looks so naturally beautiful; her shoulders shaking with giggles, the goofy expression on her freckled face, everything.

He takes a deep breath and pulls the box out of his pocket, hiding it in his lap. She stops giggling to look up at him, a smile remaining on her lips. He breathes deeply once more.