25

| Isabella |

I was very nervous. I couldn't really explain why, I'd been waiting for this.  If anything I should be beyond happy. Not that I wasn't happy, I was just, more nervous than happy at the moment. I stood in the elevator which seemed to inch upward towards his pent house, going at the slowest pace possible, and felt butterflies in my stomach.

I smoothed my palm down my dress one last time and gazed at my reflection in the clean, metallic doors of the elevator. It was a simple, navy blue dress, that had lace detailing in the shoulders and fit around my waist snuggly. I had forced myself into a pair of black stilettos, because I wanted to feel fancy, and also because Rachael insisted they made my butt look nice.

I thought it couldn't hurt to make my butt look nice.

All too soon the ominous ding of the elevator sounded and the sleek doors slid open to reveal his penthouse.

I swallow hard and step forward into the intimidating space, taking in its full glory. A maid hurries forward at my arrival, taking my purse and shawl, before scurrying off silently to put them in some unknown coat closet I'd assume.

I'd been here a couple times before, but hadn't had the chance to take it all in. I looked around slowly, my heals clicking as I walked forward, trying not to let my jaw drop at the room I'd just entered.

Dark hard-wood floors stretched out in front of me, and the high ceiling seemed to go on upwards for what looked like miles. Modern grey and light blue furniture sat proudly in front tall glass windows, which showed an incredible view of the city with the setting sun radiating and illuminating all the magnificent buildings aglow with bright light. Long, sheer white curtains hung at opposite ends of the tall windows, and across the room from me there was a large, spiraling staircase that stopped briefly at a balcony that led to many hidden hallways and had a glass railing, and then continued upwards, disappearing into the ceiling many stories above me.

"It's too much isn't it?" asks a cool voice and I turn sharply to see Nathan walking from a hallway underneath the balcony, dressed in dark pants, crisp dress shirt and ice-blue tie.

"What." I gasp, choking on air for a moment before I speak again. "No, no, its beautiful. I mean just look at that view."

"I am." he says charmingly, looking me slowly up and down. His blond hair sat perfectly styled on his head and his blue eyes were gleaming at me.

"Don't be so cheesy." I quip at his remark, laughing a little as he comes to stand next to me.

"Couldn't help it, I like this dress you're wearing." he insists and I feel my cheeks flush as they turned pink at his words. "Come on, Antonio has prepared us something."

"Okay." I say in hushed tones and he smiles warmly at me. He leads me past the entrance and under the staircase, to the kitchen, which I remembered from being here last. There was a grand dining room, off the kitchen to the right and Nathan led me there, where he pulled out a chair for me at the head of the table and then went to the opposite end himself.

"So what did Antonio make?" I ask curiously.

"Some kind-of pasta." he says and I grin.

"Oo, good, I love pasta." I say. Moments later, Antonio appeared and he served us. Sure enough, it was penne, served in steaming bowls, with thick, spicy red sauce and a fresh loaf of Italian bread on the side. I tried to eat slowly, and politely, but the food was so good it was a struggle for me not to want to eat it all in one bite.

"So how was your day?" asks Nathan and I look up from my plate.

"Good, I basically just went to work and then came home to get ready. And now I'm here." I say smiling and he nods. "What about you?"