Turn of Events

Sorry it's been so long, I've been working on my newest book, Let's Go To Hell. And I'm also sorry it's so short of a chapter. Anyways, enjoy this little filler chapter.
---------------------(\/)(•w•)(\/)-------------------

We stood on the roof of Lady Luck's Tavern watching each other. D-did he kiss me?! His stormy eyes still held their lavender sheen as he locked onto every move I made. I could see every breath he took for his wings moved up and down with each one. What is he?

"Why did you leave?" I saw the hurt in his eyes. "I couldn't be caged any longer. I wanted to be free, to be able to defend myself. I was going to have someone teach me how to fight...until you showed up." A small smirk played on his lips, "I could have taught you if you'd asked."

I could hear the underlying tone of desperation or even a little bit of pride in his voice. "I could teach you so much more than any master here can. No one surpasses my training and skills."

I smirked, "And how did that come to be...hmm?" His smirk transformed into a full blown grin. "That's another story for another time, Miss Lawrence." So we're back to that? I turned my back on him and walked to the edge of the tavern's building before sitting over the edge admiring the now rising sun. How long have we been up here?

Finn took a seat beside me in silence. "There's a lot you don't understand, but all that matters right now is that you know that I won't let anything happen to you, Casta. And you can bet my damned soul on that."