A fish in the water, a bird in the air

As I sat on the bunk for at least three hours, Heinz returned with an annoyed look on his rough face. "You'll return to your ship in about an hour. Your captain sent a...scout for you." I scooted to the edge, "A scout?"

He nodded, "Yes. She's here for you, so come on." I hopped down noticing the tingles running down my legs from poor circulation. Once we made it to the deck, I spotted a shock of pale hair contrasting against her dark skin. She pulled the blanket tighter around her and smiled when she saw me.

"Shenzie!" She smiled, but her gold eyes were locked on something behind me. "Please send my regards to Devon, Ms. Spence." I turned and found the captain with an unsettled look. "Dat I shall, Capn Silver. I apologize for me lacking of covers, sir. I had to find ye somehow."

He walked past me and came close to her as she smiled up at him. He held a rope of her hair between his fingers and fiddled with the silver coin that was tied there. "I missed ye, Shenzie." She placed a small hand on his arm, "I missed ye too, Gale."

I watched their small reunion trying to figure out the past between them, as I heard orders being shouted from the distance. "He's ere, ye should step away." Captain Silver frowned as he moved away from her as the familiar ship floated towards us before stopping a foot away.

Captain Finn jumped onto the deck in a swift motion and came face to face with the other captain. "Is it safe to say that you weren't aware of Miss Lawrence's taking, Captain Silver?" The silver bearded pirate took a cautious step backwards, "I wasn't, Captain Finn. She has been taken good care of, and she's free to go."

Finn tipped his hat and looked at me with his grey eyes before holding out his hand. I took it with a small smile to Captain Silver as I was lead to the edge of the ship. Finn helped me onto the railing and another man was waiting on the other side to help me onto the other ship.

He helped Shenzie over also before saying something else to Silver. Once he returned, the ship turned easily through the water before leaving the massive Voyager behind. "Are you okay?" I turned to find Finn close behind me, "Ye-" "Good. You need not say more. You specifically disobeyed my orders, and you got kidnapped in the process. If I weren't in such close relations with Captain Silver, I might not have gotten you back so easily."

I frowned and tried to look away from him, "And how are you two so close? I'm pretty sure he's closer to Shenzie than to you, and why would a friend attack a friend?" He glanced back at Shenzie and she blushed, "That is none of your concern, Ms. Lawrence. It may be best if you return to your room....and, please, stay there until we get into safer waters?"

I narrowed my eyes but reluctantly returned to the dragon room. If the captains were such good friends, why were we attacked in the first place? How did Shenzie get to the Voyager? All of these questions continued to stir in my mind as I sat on the large bed. I closed my eyes and lay on my back letting the waves rock me to sleep in the comfort of the soft bed.

•Later that evening:

"Ye can come out now if ye want. We reached Siren's Sea." I peeked over at the door where a fully dressed Shenzie stood. I rolled out of the bed and stood. "How did you get to the Voyager?" She smirked mischievously, "Tis not time for ye ta know, young one. Dere are many secrets aboard dis ship dat y' aren't ready ta learn."

She stood away from the door and allowed me to pass her into the next room. His room, that I still wasn't comfortable being so close to. It was improper in all meanings of the word.

I walked through his room and stepped onto the moonlit deck. Apparently, I had been in my room longer than I'd thought. The deck was covered in hammocks with the sleeping crew but Finn was nowhere to be seen per usual. "Jest pick a sling and sleep, dear." I turned to her and her eyes seemed to be glowing through the dark.

Where's Captain Finn?" Shenzie looked to the sky and then around the deck. "He's somewhere, I know." She glanced back up at the sky and I noticed a large bird high up in the night sky circling gracefully; and inside, I envied its freedom.

(Devon Finn POV)

I circled the ship watching over the crew letting the stress flow out of me and into the wind that blew around me. It'd been a long time since I had done this, and I'm glad I did. My wings cut through the warm air easily as I closed my eyes letting the soothing feeling rush through my veins.

Down below, Shenzie and Casta stepped onto the quiet deck. That girl was just so stubborn! Everything I tell her to do, she disobeys in some way or another. I drifted higher into the sky staying just out of view from them as I watched their small conversation. Shenzie looked up at me with her eyes glowing in the night.

She helped Casta with her hammock, and they both climbed in falling asleep. I circled a couple more times watching the mermaids playing beneath the ocean before landing on the deck tucking my wings against my back and replacing my coat.

Yes, this ship does hold many secrets; but none of them she needs to know....and neither do you.