Preperation of the pawns Pt. 1

Devon had sat in the corner of his cell for what felt like days. He had no food, and the only water source came from the drip from the grate above. But with all of the neglect and time in silence, he had enough time to truly think.

He had known Casta for a couple months now even though it had felt like days. But she was too innocent a soul to attack him as she did. And now that he pictured it, the light that he had come to know was vacant in her eyes. It wasn't her. Someone was controlling her; but how?

Before he could ponder any further, an opening appeared in front of him and a set of male winged soldiers in gold armor filled the space glaring down at him. "And what can I do for you, ladies?" The men rolled their eyes and snatched Finn to his feet before pushing him out the door into the sweltering sunlight.

As his eyes adjusted, Devon nearly fell to his knees. He had been here before as a mere child. They had drug him back to the Celestial Realm.

The tales he had spread about himself were wrong. He was no warrior among comrades. He was a twelve year-old child fighting for his life as they smelted his wings and cast him to the sea to die. He was no hero. He was just an innocent soul in a bad situation. And now he's back to die.

"As your prisoner, I command you tell me where I am being taken." he panted. One of the soldiers smirked, "To the battle field to meet your fate, Traitor." Finn shook his head, "I have committed no crime against the realm."

The other soldier gritted his teeth in anger as he blew a punch into Devon's gut making him go slack. "Your crime was murdering our beloved King Bastian leaving our queen to rule alone just to try to take the crown! You shall be executed on this day so that justice may once again grace our realm." the soldier hissed.

Pulling Devon back to his feet, they drug him across the lush courtyard behind the palace before coming to a barrack.

The guards pushed Devon into the empty barrack before one of them began to grab for his trench coat. "Undressing me on our first date? How unladylike." The soldier on his left punched him making him stumble onto the other one. "Keep your mouth shut, pirate. Unfortunately for us, we have to dress you for your execution."

Devon spit a clot of blood from his mouth, "I think I can dress myself, thanks." The soldiers glanced at each other as one of them shrugged. The one on his left thrust a pile of black cloth.

Devon stripped out of his nautical garb placing them carefully onto a bench. He heard a gasp behind him and turned to notice the sickly look on the soldiers' faces. They had seen the metal molten onto the edges of his wings. "What? Never been cast from the heavens before? It's even more terrifying as a child." he mumbled.

He ignored the whispers and pulled on the black harem pants he was given. "Take me to my death."