Stereotype #2 -- Weed

What the heck? Why? No! Just because we like the punkiest, heaviest music, doesn't mean we smoke weed.

We listen to that music because classical, country, jazz, etc. is disgusting to us. We like that music because it fills our empty souls with the happiness we can't get any other way. We don't smoke weed. And that stereotype needs to be broken. Because even if we did, it's none of your business.

Weed is a drug that people our age smoke because they don't know what to do to break free from this miserable cage. They do it because they're depressed and they need to be glad every once in a while. And the music we like, the things we enjoy doing, shouldn't affect the thoughts you have. Some stereotype about people that smoke, and do things like that because of their actions and choices is stupid. It must be broken.

Because it just isn't true. And those who let those idiotic clichés slip from their lips have zero idea what happens. Have zero idea why the people who do smoke do it.

And if you believe if those clichés, you're an idiot. Because they're not true, and there's nothing wrong with making actions like those.

People can't decide what they feel.

If you walked home one day from the mall holding a longboard and band tees, and someone questioned you about your choices by saying, "Hey, do you smoke weed?" I'm positive that would piss you off. Because there's no reason to say that, unless you feel bad about the things you've done in the past.

So let's break these stereotypes, and reject the status quo. Maybe even begin our own status quo.

In fact, let's begin creating that right now. Check out the status quo that I've created in the next chapter.