Stereotype #6 -- Mistakes

I make them.

You make them.

We all make them.

But when some people make them, they're judged, bullied, pestered, and beaten down. And I don't understand why that is. Because once someone makes a mistake, and they've been pestered for it, the person who was pestering turns around, and does the same frickin' thing. They turn around. And they make a mistake themselves.

So if you're going to be so hypocritical, make sure that what you're doing won't send people over the edge. And try to not be a hypocrite in the first place. Because you're basically bullying yourself, beating yourself up when you abuse the emotions of others.

Yeah, we make mistakes. But, you know? We learn from them. And we can make them better. Apologies were created so friendships could last, instead of being broken after a simple mistake was made.

Friendships shouldn't end because of one conversation in the hallway of your school. They shouldn't end because a little white lie was told. They shouldn't end because of some stupid class project. They should stay alive, instead of dying weeks after you've already solved a situation.

Mistakes are made because those who make them don't know how to react to someone else.

So, before you judge someone else for making mistakes, try and realize that sometimes you're the reason that mistake was made.

And I hope you know that you'll make a mistake right after you read this. No matter what. You're going to make a mistake today. Maybe even in the next five minutes.

And you shouldn't judge for it.

Because mistakes are what makes us human.