Chapter 9: Choice

Blade of affection is that what people are calling it these days?

Omg, did Derek Hale just make a penis joke?

A goofy snicker escaped her lips as she stared down at the text message—after her shock had worn off—who knew Mr. Grumpy Growls could be so funny.

“What are you doing?” Her snorting laughter immediately seized when she saw the perplexed yet entertained expression on his handsome face, she smiled sheepishly and shoved her phone into her pocket.

“Oh nothing, Stiles said something funny.” She added quickly, his blue eyes darted to her hand on her pocket before looking back at her. Isaac held a stapler in his hand; he was done stapling the missing person fliers of Erica and Boyd onto the notice board. They both simultaneously took a step back to look at the notice board.

“Someone is bound to call us right?”

“We can only hope, Meg.” She nodded in acknowledgement of his words though her eyes were solemn as she stared at the familiar faces of Erica and Boyd on the two papers.  Shaking her head to rid of the depressing thoughts that threatened to cloud her mind, she turned to Isaac with a grin.

 “Well I am starving, in the mood for some nachos.” She stated, Isaac looked to her and sighed in drearily.

“We had nachos yesterday.” He pointed out with a slight whine in his voice, Meg frowned.

“I forgot how picky you are; fine what do you want to eat?” She asked not pleased at the fact that she had to push back her craving but Isaac had some truth to his words and she didn’t want to pick their meals at each free time they had.  

“I haven’t decided yet.” He mused; she dead panned at his words. Isaac walked a head and Meg caught up quickly and strode beside him.

~*~

“Well there goes another year.” Isaac stated with much enthusiasm as they made their way out of the last class of the day, Meg smiled his way before nodding in agreement.

“I know right, can’t believe the school year has already come to an end.” She was in a slight disbelief, everything felt like a dream, fleeting and surreal—considering the lizards, werewolves and people coming back from the dead—

“I am surprised we survived till the end of the year, after all the shit we went through.” Isaac stated and Meg nodded with much enthusiasm.

“Tell me about it—scratch that, don’t remind me.” She retorted as they made their way down the steps of the school with other students striding past them left and right. Meg began to remember the times when the pack would crowd around a corner at the entrance to the school and just talk or joke, all of them leisurely taking their time to head home or to Derek’s place for training.

“I wish Erica and Boyd were here to bitch with us.” Meg sighed sadly; she really missed them, so much that it physically hurt.

“Erica was best at it.” Isaac’s words grabbed her attention, she looked to him and smiled, her thoughts drifting back.

“So that was Derek, turns out he has some important news or whatever to tells us.” Isaac informed after shoving his phone back into his pocket, the rest of the pack looked to him as they stood at the parking lot of the school.

“Our Alpha needs us, quick! To the Ericar!” Meg suddenly exclaimed and the blonde groaned before glaring at the dark haired wolf.

“I swear if you call it that one more time, I am going to run you over with my car.”She threatened with a snarl at her lips, Day pouted.