Chapter 15: Fleeting Hope.

Caution: Cloud of Steam ahead, like seriously, I made it as censored as possible but the inevitable moment you guys were waiting for has arrived. You perverts ;) 

xxx

SSC

Meg was pacing, considering she was all dried out from crying. She wanted to go out searching for Derek with Cora and Peter but she had insisted that Meg stayed—incase he came back.

He has to; there is no way he is dead.

Even though it had been a day since she last saw him when she woke up on the bed with a killer headache from the head butt that Ariel chick delivered. Boyd and Isaac were on the bus to the cross country meet, she usually would have told them not to go looking for blood but she was tired of lying to herself, not when the alpha pack had no disregard for life—human or otherwise.

The sudden sound of the steel doors opening grabbed her attention, there were two dark figures emerging and for a moment she thought it was Cora and Peter but the height variations were off.  Meg stepped closer to find it was a bruised Derek being supported by her English teacher.

“Oh thank god, please help he is really heavy.” Recovering from the shock Meg rushed forward and threw one of his heavy arms over her shoulder and began helping him towards the bed with Jennifer on his other side. They set him down gently and she stared speechless and happy at the same time, he is alive—not well.

“Thank you for bringing him here I—thank you.” Meg felt so overwhelmed by relief and gratitude she had trouble expressing it. Miss Jennifer averted her concerned look away from Derek’s unconscious form and smiled at the young girl.

“You’re welcome; I didn’t realize you are his…girlfriend.”

“It was supposed to be a secret, considering everything that’s going on.” Meg mumbled vaguely though she was busying herself with checked Derek’s injuries, he was covered with claw marks and blood, she winced internally.

 “Thank you again Miss Blake and I’m sorry you had to go through all the trouble.” The beta spoke again sending a smile full of gratitude in the teacher’s direction; the woman grinned and squatted at the air dismissively.  

“Its fine, my night was pretty much going to be a book and a glass of wine, this was way more exciting.” She froze realizing the words that rolled out of her mouth and stared down at Meg all wide-eyed. “Oh gosh that sounded so inconsiderate, of course it’s not exciting he could be dying—I’ll just leave.”

Meg smiled to assure the young teacher that no harm was done and accompanied her to the door, Jennifer left in haste before taking one long longing look in Derek’s direction. Megra found that weird but she had to assume she was just being a concerned human being. She rushed back to Derek’s side and stared down at his beaten up form, unsure of how to treat his wounds.

'''''''''''

Derek woke up feeling drowsy and weak but the pain was slowly beginning to numb, he recognized the ceiling he was staring at, he was back at the loft—which meant...

“Meg.” He croaked sitting up to come face to face with her, she sighed in relief her eyes shut absorbing his presence.

“Oh thank god.” She breathed helping him up into a sitting position, her hold on his hand tight and unwavering.

“Stay still you will be fine okay.” Derek surprisingly listened to Meg’s ordering tone, mainly because he didn’t have the energy to object—though it was slowly returning. He grew alert, his neck craned back and he stared at her face. Meg’s dark brows were furrowed in concentration while staring down at their joined hands. That’s when he saw it, the black vines branching from his arm to hers, pumping and moving under his skin.