Chapter 16: Choices We Make For The Ones We Love

Terribly short I know--please dont send any death threats but it was completely intentional (yeah I know I am asking for it now -___-) TRUST ME the next chapter is going to be soooo long---

like my peeen--cil >.> . 

xxx

P.S: Last chapter before the finale :O :O

SSC

Meg’s eyes shot open startled by the darkness that greeted her, she felt around touching the tight hard surface she was surrounded by, the walls were restricting and she felt claustrophobic.

“LET ME OUT!” She screamed scared and angry at the same time, her fists pounding on the walls that rattled at her punches. She kicked at the box or compartment she was in it suddenly shook, she heard a screeching sound before everything came to a halt, she abruptly realized where she was.

The lid of the trunk lifted and Meg blinked against the harsh street light that flooded her vision, someone loomed over her and she glared up at her kidnapper, Ariel.  

The alpha wolf was unfazed by Meg’s furious reaction, her electric eyes gleaming down at her. She took a step back as Meg sat up in the recess of the trunk, clutching her throbbing head and frowning up at Ariel.

“What the hell am I doing here?” She demanded the alpha female stared back passively.

“I think you know.” She uttered, Meg scowled.

“You had no right! Neither did Derek. What was he thinking?!” She cried clutching gripping her head in frustration, Ariel remained silent knowing the question was rhetorical.

“Everything is messed up, everyone is dying.” Derek stated gruffly while pacing the length of the table, Meg could only stand watching him feeling helpless

“It wasn’t your fault she—“

“How can you say that? I killed him! It was by my hand.” He yelled turning to her, Meg winced at the tone of his voice and lowered her gaze, he sighed and his expression softened.

 “I made him what he was it’s my fault.”

Meg’s felt her heart clench at his defeated words, she reached out to his face and he was numb to her touch, she cupped his face in his hands.

“We can fight back Derek, it’s not like we are completely defenseless I mean we have Scott and Peter…” She breathed in a shuddering breath, resisting the urge to cry again “And you still have me; we will find a way Derek.”

Derek stared deep in to her amber eyes that were brimming in unshed tears, he couldn’t believe how strong she was acting after everything that happened, he knew all she wanted to do was to lock herself in a room but she was willing to hide it all, for him.

“I asked for help.” She was surprised by his words.

“From whom?” She asked, he parted his lips to answer when a voice answered for him.

“From me.” Meg turned to find a familiar auburn haired girl behind her.

“Ariel you are going to help us?” The alpha simply stared and this confused Meg even further but then Derek suddenly grasped her by the shoulders, forcing her around to face him.

“I know what I have to do, Meg.”He said gripping her head in his hands, she watched him struggle to form his next words, his gaze was tortured.

 “Whatever it takes to protect you because I…I love you Meg.” She felt her heart stop at his words, she had wanted no—dreamed—of hearing those words leave his lips and the reason she had held out so long because she didn’t want to scare him but now that he did confess—Meg felt like there was something completely wrong.

“Why are you saying this n—“A sudden pressure to her neck rendered her speechless and a few seconds later darkness caved in around her.

Meg didn’t know what Ariel did to knock her out, but she was furious.

“Take me back right now.”

“No.” Meg pounced at her; the female avoided her attack with ease, squatting away the girl’s arms with little or no difficulty.

Meg’s back made impact with the side of the car and Ariel held her to the vehicle with a hand around her throat, insistently.

 “You need to calm down and think, do you really believe you could kill Kali? You can barely land a scratch on me.” She said in her usual calm voice, Meg growled and tried to claw at her again. Ariel rolled her eyes, clearly bored by the beta’s attempts and abruptly spun her around, roughly pushing her head against the edge of the roof of the car.

“She needs to be stopped. How can you just stand there? He needs our help we have till—“

“The full moon, which is plenty of time.” Meg stilled at Ariel’s words.

“Plenty of time to what?” She grunted demandingly. Ariel released her and took several steps back, Meg turned to face the female, her chest heaving from the heavy breaths she took.

“Derek asked me to take you with me to protect you from Kali because she knows about you, you are bigger target now.” Ariel informed, Meg was stroking her neck to sooth the pain while fixating her narrowed eyes on Ariel.

“Let her come.”

“And you will what? You will be in shreds before you would even bring out those claws.” She scoffed, Meg frowned and turned away.

“If you want to save Derek you have to be stronger, faster and calm. Kali is all about preying on your emotions, taking a weakness and making you pay for it, it’s what she does.”  Meg felt her throat restrict at the thought of Derek facing the alphas alone, she was mad at him but she still loved him.

“Derek was smart to ask for my help, because you need it.”

“How are you going to help me?” She asked looking to Ariel, the female’s tense shoulders eased—taking relief in the fact that Meg wasn’t hell bent on resisting anymore.

“By training you of course, if you are willing.” She answered, Meg felt her blood quicken in excitement, her amber eyes lighting up in fierce eagerness.

“Hell yeah.”