Chapter Thirty - Eight: Just Save Him

"Bradley, you aren't messing with me are you?" He raised an eyebrow in my direction. "About all this silver wolf shit." He shook his head no. "Do you honestly think that silver wolves are real?"

Bradley moved around the room to lean on the bookshelf across from me. "Do I think they are real?" He smirked as he said this. A low chuckle was heard under his breath. "Yes, yes I do because I'm look right at one."

My face grew pale. My temperature dropped to ice and my head began to spin. He knew? For how long?

"Oh since I had to help heal you back when Leandor found you with that dingy rogue." I growled at the mention of him degrading Logan.

"Watch it."

He raised his hands in surrender. "I didn't mean any disrespect my Luna, but it's the truth. He chose the life of a rogue."

"Don't be so quick to judge without knowing all the facts Bradley. Cause when you start assuming stuff you only make an ass out of yourself." I paused for a minute. "Why did you tell me you knew I was a silver wolf?"

"Because I didn't want to risk anyone else knowing. Plus, I wanted to see if you would keep it a secret. It's not my job to pry. You have your reasons to keep it a secret I wasn't about to make you admit it to me." He said. It made sense but something about it still kept me on edge. I couldn't explain what the feeling was but I knew my wolf was iffy with the Doc now.

"So what do I have to do? How can I trust you won't do some hocus pocus shit with the blood?" Bradley laughed coming closer to me.

"Don't you think if I wanted to do something like that I would have exposed you sooner?"

I stared at him for a long time contemplating the worst that could possible happen. What was the worst that could happen?

Matthew could imprison me like he did to Talon's parents. I bite my lip. I won't let him the pack needs me just as much as they need Leandor. I needed him more than I needed the air. My heart stops every time I think about him slipping away from the world... from me. I couldn't live with out him, function without him. It doesn't matter how much he hurt me or how ignorant he can be or harsh. He was my other half. I want to be able to say I turned his cold heart warm.

"If I do this Bradley this has to stay between us." I explained.

He laughed humorlessly. "And how do you expect me to explains where I got the blood? Matthew would get suspicious."

"Matthew is already holding silver wolves hostage. Why can't you just say you got it from one of them?" Bradley looked at me surprised.

"Who told you that?"

"Never mind that. If Matthew asks where you got it just tell him that, but I want to be the one that gives Leandor the blood. He's my mate it's my duty." I told him. Bradley nodded eyeing me suspiciously. Then he began to smirk.

"Of course it was the boy." He paused coming closer to me. We were merely inches apart. "Talon had to have been the one to tell you. You know I've noticed people just love telling you stuff all the time. It's actually kind of adorable." He was beginning to give me an unsettling feeling. He almost sounded evil even began to look evil. What happened to the old doc? Or am I just seeing things.

"I'm glad you find it funny. Now can you just take the blood before it's too late to help Leandor?" I asked urgently.

"Oh yes I almost forgot!" Bradley hopped over to the door all too excitedly opening it more. I hesitantly exited making my way to one of the empty hospital rooms to have my blood drawn.

I sat down nervous and pale. Something about needles just never appealed to me. I don't know who it would appeal to anyways. Bradley took out all the equipment he needed to draw my blood. He put a pair of gloves on and pulled the needle out snapping it onto the syringe and a tube leading to a pint size bag. I gulped holding my breath.

A pinch and it was over. I had, had my eyes close through it all. When I opened them there was the pint size bag of my blood but next to that was a small vile of blood.

"What's that?" I asked holding my arm. Bradley had his back to me cleaning up.

"What is what?" He asked turning around, irritation in his voice. He tore the rubber gloves off throwing them away in the trash. When he saw me pointing at the vile he smiled. "Oh, this?" He questioned picking up the blood. "This is for me to study."

"That wasn't part of the agreement Bradley. I thought we had an understanding." I explained standing up. My head spun. I ignored it. "I never said you were allowed to study the blood I came to you for Leandor."

"No you didn't, but I thought it would be a retribution for my efforts to save your mate and the alpha of this glorious pack, since you kept it secret that you were a Silver Wolf to this entire pack other than that child." He snarled at the last part.

I growled flashing the silvers of my irises at him. He smiled at the color that eliminated.

"What the hell do you mean retribution?" I seethed. He had to be insane. What had happened to the old Bradley? The one that actually gave a damn about the well-being of this fellow pack members?

"Oh come on Mia. Let's be honest here a moment. I know this might be a struggle for you but please," He waved his hand at me smirking. "don't strain yourself when I tell you that the moment you joined this pack-"

"I never joined asshole," I growled foaming with anger. "I was forced to join!"

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes. "Same difference, but as I was saying the moment you joined this pack it was like chaos erupted. You led our alpha on a wild goose chase for you and then nearly started a war between packs. Not to mention what you just got him into now." When he reminded me about the state that Leandor was in right now it was like being slammed into a brick wall at 100 miles an hour.

I hurt my heart just thinking about the way he just laid there unmoved and ghostly white. He was so pale and translucent.

"Just save him." I said anyone could hear the defeat in my voice. I would do anything to save him to keep his heart beating. I hadn't known Bradley exit the room until I heard the door close with a click.

'What am I supposed to do?' I asked my wolf. She'd gone silent on me the last couple days. I had no one other than her basically. Elena was gone and I had become closed up lately due to the fact that Luther is with in miles of me and Leandor's on his death bed. 'I don't know what to do. Please answer me! I have no one anymore.'

A tear slipped free from me eye as it trailed down my face. I little sob cracked from the back of my throat. It didn't help either when I raised my head to look across the room at mirror. The reflection looked nothing like myself. What stared back at me was a near empty shell of a young girl just minutes away from falling over dead from exhaustion.

The dark rings under my eyes looked as if someone had decided I had become a punching bag. The irises of my eyes were so pale and dule. The once bright pigment of my eyes were now duller than the simple gray tones found on a gravel road. My cheek bones protruded out of my fast sharp enough to cut someone's finger if someone so much as grazed my face. My neck was so slender and thin.

As I reached up to touch my face my fingers were as cold as ice. This wasn't normal for werewolves. We have a higher than normal body temperature compared to humans. For my hands to be cold something must really be fucked up.

Standing up I nearly fell over as Talon rushed into the room followed by Kyle and Carter.

"What?!" I yelled catching the chair I was sitting on before I fell over. They all just stared like they were star struck. "God damn it! What's wrong with you!? What is wrong?"

Snapping out of whatever trans that they were stuck in Kyle was the first to respond.

"Elena was dropped off at the boarder along with Vincent."