*Chapter Eight: Both Out Of Luck

I limped from room to room. My ankle ached, but I tried to forget about it. Leandor was locked up in his office and the mansion was deathly quiet. The eeriness of the building was uneasy to me. Wandering around I eventually headed into the kitchen to make myself something.

The kitchen was massive. I wouldn't have imagine it not to be, seeing that the size of all the other rooms in the mansion were huge. Yet, it did seize to amaze me the way the white marble counter stretched out in the middle of the room. It was long enough to be able to place five tall seated chairs to it. More marble counter top stretched along the walls. The cabinets hung high on the walls coated in a thick black paint. It complimented the marble well.

I walked over to the fridge looking for something to eat. There wasn't much in the fridge. Most werewolves have tons of food. With a high metabolism we tend to stock up on food and eat a lot.

There was a half full milk carton, a few soda cans, some left over pizza, some lunch meat, and a case of beer on the bottom shelf. Why Leandor wants beer I don't know. It's not like he can get drunk. His body will burn through it quicker than he can consume it. The closest thing he'll get to is maybe a lite buzz, if he's lucky. Real lucky.

I groaned at the thought of him wasted and grabbed the lunch meat out of the fridge, a soda and the last of the bread that was left on the counter.

Spreading the stuff out I put together a sandwich and opened the coca cola can taking a swig. I had already thought up of a plan on getting out of here and I need to think quickly if I wanted to get out unnoticed. Still, I needed to eat something since I hadn't eaten in over a day and I was healing. I needed all the energy I could get.

Thinking about my own need for food and energy I quickly packed another sandwich for Elena. She was probably starving being kept in that dingy cell. I can't even imagine what she's going through right now. I was in the pack prison for not even ten minutes and I wanted the hell out. Elena has been in there for more than twelve hours.

I was about to tuck the sandwich in a pocket but noticed finally that I wasn't wearing any shorts. I was just wearing Leandor's shirt that swallowed me up easily. Shit! Now what am I going to do? I can't exactly go running around in a loss T-shirt. Just as I searched the room of anything to wear a male walked into the house. Jeez, a lot of people come in and out of here.

"What are you doing?" I whirled around thinking the voice was Leandor's. It wasn't. It was Nathan standing there with a bit of a smirk and holding the one thing that made me smile. My backpack. "Oh so the Luna does smile?" He joked. I narrowed my eyes playfully at him. I took the bag from him and walked to the living room unpacking a pair of dark jeans, black sneakers, and a black sweater.

"Yes I do smile genius and I'm not a Luna." I informed him walking to the bathroom to change.

"Sorry to tell you Mia but you are." Nathan said and my name caught my attention. How did he know my name? Damn it! Did everyone know my name now? What if my old pack knows about me? Us... Elena and I?

"How did you know....?"

"Your name? Please don't tell me you thought our pack doesn't communicate. Leandor told me last night. Half the pack already knows." My stomach dropped. Was he saying what I thought he said? Did I actually here what he just said.... correctly?

"You've got to be joking." I whispered more to myself but Nathan over heard it.

"Luna, it's not a big deal. It's not like the pack is going to see you yet. That's up to Leandor and you to decide when you will be presented in front of the pack." Nathan said. Oh my god! This is turning into a god damn nightmare. I just might have ruined this whole plan of my stupid name! Way to go Mia, way to go.