Chapter Forty-Five: So this is it

Have you ever been such a nervous wreck that you don't even know what you're doing anymore?

I couldn't get a hold of Leandor. I knew he would be in the thick of the fight he wouldn't be able to talk to me even if he wanted to.

'He'll be alright.' Leah said seeming to know exactly what I was thinking We were running. I looked over at her trying desperately not to think of the worse. I had to find hope or something to hold on to.

'Hold onto the pup.' My wolf reminded me. 'You still have the pup.'

I smiled remembering that I was indeed pregnant but not happy at the fact that I was pregnant under these circumstances. I didn't want to raise my child in this mess. In this war, with these stresses of staying alive.

We continued to run as fast as we could I led them all, wanting so badly to take off and leave them knowing I could outrun them all if I wanted to but knew it was best and safer to stay as a group.

We came close to a clearing where the training camp was. We all stood at the top of the hill looking down at the camp. It looked like a bomb went off with mangled bodies and blood everywhere. There were human and wolf bodies alike strung about on tables on the ground and some even hanging off cabin roofs.

It was brutal to watch. Human mates screaming as they were run down and ripped apart by Luther's pack. I watched in horror as I searched the field for Leandor. Where was he? Was he hiding? Was he taken captured by Luther?

My stomach dropped scared that if that were true Luther would not hesitate to kill him.

I couldn't tell who all was who. I looked over Leah hoping she could see her brother Vincent.

'There they are.' She said pointing her nose down the hill in the direction of a huge group of wolves lunging at much larger wolves. I saw Leandor's black wolf right away. Along with him was an equally large golden brown wolf and then a marron wolf, with a white patch on its chest, just a little smaller than Leandor's. It was Vincent.

My stomach began to feel uneasy. I had to help I couldn't watch as three wolves battled nine. As if that were a fair fight at all. Yet, that was Luther, ruthless as he ever was.

Without thinking I took off down the hill leaving the others behind. I had to help them. I had to save Leandor. This was the nightmare all over again.

'Mia! Wait!' Leah yelled trying to keep up with me. Logan and Paula were right behind. Their paws digging into the dirt.

I dodged blows from rival wolves as I continued on. Hitting some that were attacking humans that were defenseless.

How could these wolves be so heartless as to attack humans? It was an unfair fight. I could never do something as gruesome as that.

"No! Stop she is just a baby!" I heard a women scream. I stopped in my tracks it was Nina yelling holding Giselle. Why was she out here?

Growling as loud as I could, tackling a wolf that was standing over Nina. Her blonde hair had streaks of blood throughout it. I could only imagine where the blood could have come from.

Giselle looked helplessly as she screamed at the sight in front of her mother. A red smug of blood was on her cheek.

I bit down on the wolf's leg. I didn't let go of it until I felt the crushing of their bones. It howled in pain as it turned sharply biting my snot. I felt their teeth dig into my snot as trails of blood began to seep out of the wound.

I growled deeper and bit harder hoping he'd let go. In fact, he must have been thinking the same thing as he bit down harder and tugged on my face. Making the gash wider.