*Chapter Eleven: Weak

You got to be kidding me! Out of everything that could have happened and this... these blood sucking vampires and one deranged hybrid are at our door step. I swear the moon goddess has something against me and Elena. We just can't catch a break.

I locked eyes with them all studying for the weakest link but there wasn't one that I could spot. Elena was still growling, louder now than before.

I don't know what it was, but I didn't feel like fighting. I didn't have the fight in me. After what I did, killing a man, it changed my perception on dealing with an enemy. I didn't want to hurt anyone, but I had to protect myself and Elena. I couldn't be a coward so how am I suppose to go about this?

I didn't have time to figure it out as the hybrid of the group launched himself at me. On instinct I shifted it was just reflex to me anymore. I didn't have time to think of a different wolf and so I shift to all silver. My coat shinned brightly half blinding them all. Elena did the same and we growled. We both easily stood above five foot. Elena was probably even close to six foot.

I clenched my jaws stiff. The hybrid narrowed his eyes at me. He grinned sadistically before he charged at me again. I wanted to get this over with it was bringing too many other thoughts to me, thoughts I didn't want to think about at the moment. I didn't need anything to distract me.

I had just snapped out of it when the hybrid punched my snout. I let out a surprising whimper. Elena had looked over at me concern. She allowed a weak point to show and she knew better than to do that. These blood sucking leeches didn't need anything more than numbers to take us out and it was already an unfair fight. Knowing Elena's weak spot they all eyed me up hungrily. There sharp thin canines on display in an attempt to render us fearful.

She stormed over to me and snarled in their faces, shielding me from their view with her body. Elena was bigger than me by a lot. She unlike me was as large as a fully grown male werewolf. I was just about average for female.

I didn't want Elena risking her life for me. I had my own weight to carry and God damn it, let me carry it! I may be her little sister but I can deal with myself. I can support my own weight. I growled at her to move but she disobeyed my demand. I snapped my teeth a little at her, yet she still stood her ground.

"Aww little pup can't protect herself?" One of the vampires sad tauntingly. "Why am I not surprised the slightest bit?" He snickered to himself. I snapped my teeth at him glaring threatening for him to continue. He smirked satisfied.

A growl from me wiped the smirk clear off his fugly face. It was replace with a monotone non-complacent face. I gave a half wolf-ish grin in gratification.

"Listen," A tall African American looking vampire spoke up. Everyone looked to him not ready to hear him speak up. I hadn't even really noticed him earlier. His eyes glowed gold and it was startling with his complexion.

"Gregory!" The hybrid hissed out giving him flagrant look. Gregory just rolled his eyes. He looked about his late twenties but that didn't mean he was twenty or so. For all anyone knew he could be over a hundred years old.

"Oh please Rufus, you and I both know we don't want to be here." He snapped back at him. Gregory turned back to us. "Your pack wants us to kill you and we will. Just not here. You come with us and we end this peacefully." He spoke softly. It was odd for him to talk to calmly, though he was talking about a negative thing like killing us peacefully. "Here," He threw us a jacket he was wearing on the floor in front of us. "Change." He ordered as another of the guys dropped their jacket as well.

We eyed them suspiciously before they turned around giving us some privacy. Elena gave me a doubtful look seeing the leeches. We both shifted changing into the jacket and zipping them up. They covered everything that needed to be covered and that's what mattered at the moment.