Three : Reverie

Both of them stood there dazed. Something was happening which was weirdly amazing at the very same time. Even though both of them were complete strangers, but there was still something very different, very unique and something which could not be explained in words between them.

And here, Cabir stood trying to understand their expressions where their mouths were shaped in a complete "o".

" So, this is Nandini. Nandini Murthy. She is Navya's best friend and a sister to me. So behave okay? " Cabir said with a smile while others greeted her except one person and she very warmly replied back as well.

" So Nandini, let me introduce you to one of my best friends and my brother, Manik." He said as he took her towards Manik.

" Hi. I'm Manik" He replied awkwardly and forwarded his hand for a handshake.

" Nandini" She replied with a smile while shaking hands with him.

But there was something, as soon as their hands touched they felt a little jitter, a spark, an unknown feeling which was never felt before. But taking it as a mere reaction, both of them ignored the feeling unaware of the fact that even feelings have the ability to grow over time.

" Um. Guys, so let's begin the party." Cabir said while trying to ease the awkwardness between the two known-yet-unknown people while everyone got engrossed in chatting around.

Cabir pulled Manik to a corner and asked with a suspicious expression, "So, Manik Malhotra, what's going on?"

" What do you mean by what's going on? The party is going on man. Such an amazing party this is. I need to talk to Mukti, I'll talk to you later." He said and zoomed away.

~~~

Cabir's POV : Kuch toh gadbad hai boss. There is something between both of them for sure. But kya hai, pata lagana padega. It would be better if I don't tell Manik that Nandini is the JMD of our company. Kal seedha shock hi dunga. But for the time being, lets observe.

~~~

" Um. So guys as you all know that this party is on the occasion of my buddy, Manik cracking an important deal. Even though we guys don't need an occasion to party, but still. Cheers bro! " Cabir said as a raised his beer can in the air.

" Thanks man " Manik replied with a smile.

" Okay so since, this party is getting very boring, lets play something? " Cabir asked.

" Never Have I Ever? " Alya suggested.

" Perfect! " Cabir replied.

" So as you all know the rules, whoever's turn it is, he or she will say something which they haven't done and if you've done that, you're supposed to take a sip from your drink. And we'll go in a clockwise order, which is, Mukti - Abhi - Navya - Nandini - Alya - Dhruv - Manik - Me. Cool? " He said as he explained the rules.

" Navya can you please bring juice for yourself and Nandini from the kitchen? As my little sister doesn't drink. " He said making Manik shocked because in today's time, it was very common for females to drink as well as both Mukti and Alya did.