Twenty Five : Carpe Diem

*comes out from under a rock*
Yes, I know that I'm extremely late but I'm very, very sorry. My hectic schedule doesn't allow me to write.😩

So as a compensation ~ here's a super duper long update of 10K WORDS also because this is the 25th chapter of this book.💛

Also, this update wouldn't have been possible without ~ Gulshan_14 and thenoynicaahuja 💗
And I honestly don't know how bad or good or whatever this update is.🙄

Happy Reading! ✨

_____

It had almost been a week and Manik was finally fit and fine, like always - thanks to Nandini's tender love and care, despite of his constant cranky behaviour and tantrums, she still chose to handle him with care and patience ~ something which she loved to do for him. He had resumed going to office already and his parents were back too, which meant extra care and pampering for him from all the sides. It was finally the day for which Manik and Nandini had decided to fulfil Manik's first wish – enjoying a day like a common man. It was Friday and Manik had left his place only to land up at Nandini's to pick her up. He rang the bell and waited, after a couple of minutes the door stretched open and there she was. Well, still in her minion night suit with an open jar of Nutella in one hand and a spoon sticking out of her mouth, with her eyes wide which made him chuckle audibly to which she took the spoon out of her mouth and glared at him. She moved inside while Manik followed her with a grin on his face.

" Why aren't you ready yet?" He asked as he enveloped her in his arms from behind as she cleaned up the shelf.

" Manik, aaj jaana zaruri hai kya? I'm so lazyyyy." She slurred with a bad face.

" Nope. Not happening. Hum aaj hi jaa rahe hain and that's final. Tumne promise kiya hai. And today is the day. Dekho meine apne saare bodyguards ko bhi instructions dedi to not follow me." He said with a puppy dog face while she sighed and moved towards her bedroom and fell flat on the bed with her eyes closed making Manik laugh out loud.

" Manik, I've not even had my bath." She cribbed making him laugh again.

" Toh go and have your bath. Yahin hun mein." He said simply to which she made a bad face.

" Manikkkkk." She whined.

" It's not gonna work on me this time, baby." He said as he kissed her temple and scooped her up in his arms making her squeal. He placed her on the washbasin slab while she still had an angry face to which he smooched her puffed up cheek making her blush, finally.

" I'm waiting for you." He said as he kissed her hair and moved out making her sigh with a smile. She was indeed blessed to have him in her life.

~•~

After about twenty minutes, Nandini came out of the bathroom with a black coloured towel wrapped around her slender frame, which reached till her mid thighs while she rubbed rubbed her wet hair with a smaller towel as she stood in front of the mirror of her room unaware of someone's presence. His presence.

While Nandini was in the bathroom, Manik chose to laze around on the bed when he got a call from Cabir and moved towards the tiny balcony attached to her room. Just after the call got disconnected, he started typing an email while moving back inside. He looked up for a second and looked back at his phone, just to look up again ~ in a daze. There she was standing, unaware of his presence. He noticed how the dark colour contrasted with her smooth, milky white skin and how the towel perfectly hugged her frame from all sides. How the wet droplets were sliding from the tips of her hair slid down to her neck reaching her shoulders. He felt like he was possessed by some spell. Some magic which stopped his brain from thinking about anything or anyone at that moment but her. He felt bewitched due to the aura which was spread. His mind and heart wandered at all the places thinking that she was a perfect creation of god. Someone who was made just for him. Unaware of his actions himself, he slowly moved towards her and stood right behind her, looking intensely at her through the mirror. His nostrils were blessed with her body fragrance and the smell of peaches and strawberries coming from her hair to which he unknowingly nuzzled his nose in her hair and rested his hand firmly around her waist from behind making her gasp.