Fifteen : Jigar Da Tukda

Okay so, I don't really know how this one has turned out, if it's bad then please blame my fever and cold.😂
Do drop in your reviews.😘
Happy Reading! 💙

~*~*~*~*~

They reached home after a great time while having dinner while the route back home was filled with nonsense talks, giggles and not-so-humorous jokes on which they ended up laughing crazily.

" Huff. I'm so so so.. I don't know." Nandini said in a funny tone as they plumped onto the the fluffy mattress of his room, making him laugh.

" It was a beautiful evening." She said with a smile looking at the ceiling.

" Indeed was." He replied as he turned towards her side with a smile.

" Manik, kya soch rahe ho?" She finally asked as she observed him staring at her, all quiet from the past couple of minutes.

" Nandini.." he uttered as he sat up making her sit upright beside him too.

" Manik, what's the matter? Batao mujhe?" She asked calmly as she held his hand in hers.

" I..I don't want to sound wrong. But all this..I mean us. I..I don't want you to feel that I'm physically using you because of our closeness." He said with a nervous expression just to find her sitting with a blank expression after which she immediately withdrew her hand from his hold.

" Kya meine tumhe kabhi yeh feel hone diya that you are using me? Kya meine tumhe kabhi wrong signals diye that I want to have some sort of a physical relationship with you? Manik Malhotra, you disgust me! How can you even think like that? I considered you my best friend and this is how low you think of me?! Before you assume things, the least you can do is fucking ask!" She wailed as a continuous stream of tears kept flowing down her eyes.

" Nandini.." he said as he moved close to her.

" No. No. Just..just stay away. I'm leaving back for home, I don't need my boss to afford my expenses, I can do that myself." She said with a forced smile as she roughly wiped off the tears from her cheeks and left after slamming the door behind while he stood there helpless, not knowing what to do. He never meant to hurt her or make her think that he was questioning her character. Hell. He could never do that, not even in his dreams. She was an extremely important person in his life, and he knew that he couldn't mend this misunderstanding anytime soon. He just didn't wanted to feel her uncomfortable and this is what it leaded too. He didn't want to lose her. He couldn't afford to lose her at any cost. Just the thought of her going away from him and his life made his heart go wild in a second. He immediately ran out towards her room just to find it locked.

" Nandini...Nandini. Please listen to me once. Please." He pleaded, rather almost begged as he knocked the door of her room continuously.

" Go away, Manik." Came her scream from behind the door which clearly conveyed her cries.

" Okay okay. Fine. I'm going. But please be okay, alright?" He said in a low voice and went back to his room after he slammed his room's door as he entered. He knew what he said was wrong, rather the way he said was wrong. He recalled how happy they were a while ago and how they are now. The tough night finally passed, with Nandini holding her cries and Manik cursing himself. Though amidst his anger he kept on checking on Nandini's door if she was okay or not but all he could hear was silence.

The worst distance between two people is misunderstanding.

~~~