Twenty Three : Saudade

I know I'm late, but please blame my shitty exams for this.🙄

So as a compensation, a longggg update of 4800 words.💙

Warning : Proceed at your own risk, this update is utter crap. Writers block. I'm sorry in advance.😭

Ignore the mistakes, if any.🐶

Happy Reading! 🌈

_________

Things were finally getting back to normal. Nandini was recovering from that horrendous event slowly. All thanks to Manik's constant care. When Nandini joined back office after two days of that incident, what surprised her the most was the strong support she had from all the employees and thats what made the healing process easier. It was just a normal day at work, with both Manik and Nandini being extremely busy, while Manik was having continuous meetings with the foreign delegates and Nandini was busy analysing the new project which they had under their company for the building of a multi speciality hospital for people who cannot afford expenses. They were so tied up that they didn't even get enough time to talk or see each other properly. After almost five hours of continuous toiling, they could finally breathe freely. After Nandini had a good mug of warm coffee, she finally sighed and moved towards Manik's cabin, she was about to knock the door but then she remembered that he wouldn't like it if she did that. She slowly opened the door, just to see him resting on the huge chair with his eyes closed making her smile a little. She tip-toed towards him and delicately massaged his forehead making him sigh audibly in relief.

" Nandini.." He whispered with his eyes still closed.

" Tumhe kaise pata ki mein hun?" Nandini asked with a grumpy face to which he slowly opened his eyes.

" Bas pata hai." He said plainly with a small smile and rubbed her knuckles with his thumb.

" Bohot zyada thak gaye?" She asked as she brushed his forehead with her hand which he just 'hmm'd'.

" Manik, utho." she said making him make a weird face.

" Chalo bedroom mein." she asked as he stood up stretching.

" Bedrooommm?" he said with his eyes twinkling in mischief making Nandini blush like a tomato in embarrassment.

" Shut up, idiot. Chalo abhi." She held his hand and took him to the small bedroom inside his cabin.

" Nandini, hum kya karne waale hain?" he said excitedly while rubbing his hands to which she made a bad face.

" Baitho yahan pe." she said to which he sat down quietly with a grin still plastered on his face while Nandini moved towards the mini kitchen. She came back after a couple of minutes with a glass in her hand and handed it over to him -

" Yeh kya hai?" he said without looking at the glass.

" Zehar. Ab pii lo." She said with a forced smile to which he made a bad face making her chuckle mentally at his tantrums.

" Lemonade hai baba. Piyo. You'll feel better." she said with a smile to which he gulped down the whole glass in a sip.

" Ab lie down and rest for some time." she said making him shocked.

" Nandini, are you mad? How can I rest? I've got so much work to do. And what will the employees think? Ki unka boss rest kar raha hai? No Nandini. This isn't possible. Mein jaa raha hoon." he blabbered endlessly and got up from the bed just when Nandini held his shoulders and made him sit again.