HD ~ Chapter Three

There's not much to say right now. People will sometimes still comment on the epilogue of "What the She Wolf Wants" and say how awesome they thought it was, but I don't think they realize that the sequel is out. I've decided that I'll probably put a little note at the end of it like a bunch of people usually do. Hopefully that will get the word out. 

Then, there are the fans who comment of "The False Mate" and ask me to update it, but I've put it on hold, so I don't know how that's going to play out... 

Anyway, let's just get on with the story I guess.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Clarity

 My eyes snapped up and my gaze bored through that of my eldest son so much that he flinched and looked away. "What do you mean she's missing?" I asked in a deadly calm voice.

We were at the breakfast table and it was around eight o'clock in the morning. Everyone usually came down to breakfast at that time and we ate together. When Felicity didn't show up, I figured she was going to try to avoid it, but I had already let her skip dinner last night.

I had a plan for today. We would have breakfast and then I'd ask her to go for a walk with me and try to explain things. Maybe I could find a way to get her to open up to me some how. Except when Alex came downstairs without my daughter and announced she was missing, I could see my plan slowly crumbling away.

Alex didn't meet my eyes as he carefully sat down next to Odette. I could see her take his hand, trying to comfort him as I basically interrogated him. "She wasn't in her room. Her scent is faint, too."

My eyes widened and I scraped my chair back so quickly it tumbled over. There was a series of exclamations and protests as I ran towards the stairs, but only Nick came after me. "Clarity, just slow down. We'll get to the bottom of this. Just calm down."

But I couldn't. 

I made it to Felicity's room in record time and threw the door open. I stepped inside so carefully it was like I was walking on thin ice. Alex was right. The scent was old. She hasn't been here in a while. She's gone. 

When Nick made it to her room, he stopped dead in his tracks. "Clarity," he whispered softly. "Do you... do you think..."

"We have to find her," I said as I turned to face my husband. "Before they do."

Felicity

I was aware that I was awake before I opened my eyes. My sense of touch came first as I found that my body was layed upon a cold, hard surface. It was like concrete or some type of stone. Then came my smell. It was musky, dank, and I could smell scents of many other wolves around. Male wolves. Lastly, came my hearing. 

"What'd he do? Hit her with a brick?" a deep voice chuckled. 

My body tensed and the voice sent a ripple of fear down my spine as everything came back to me. I was running away from home. While I'd been out in the woods, someone started chasing me. That muddy brown wolf had been on my heels and I'd tripped. Judging by the pounding headache I had, I must've hit my head when I fell.

Slowly, I opened my eyes and my vision was a bit blurry, but after blinking a few times, I could focus on the things around me. I found that I'd been put in some kind of cell. The ground was concreate and the the walls were made of hard stone. I was laying on my side facing the wall as if I'd been precariously thrown into the cell.

"Shh," a second voice sounded out. "I think I saw her move!" The first voice grunted in response, but didn't say anything more. 

I didn't want to move, but the ground wasn't doing anything good for the pounding headache I had. Seeing as my only options were confirming to the people around me that I was awake or enduring this massive headache until the people left, I decided to go with the first option. After all, I had no idea when or if these guys would leave.