HD ~ Epilogue

Well here it is. The last chapter of this book. I'm a little sad to see it end. Felicity and Cole are one of my all time favorite couples to write about. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did!

I want to dedicate this to WattyWolves because I've just discovered their page and there are some amazingly talented writers and fantastic books featured in their reading lists.

I also love how they're promoting community and working as a team to help each other grow. Please check out the page! It'll definitely be worth it!

Without further ado, let's get to reading!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Eighteen Months Later

Felicity

I watched the trees blur by as we drove down a backroad towards home. Though I don't know if I even considered that house home. While it was the place I'd met Cole, there had been so many awful things that happened in that place. It was also closer to the SunDust Pack. Closer to my mother.

For almost a year and a half, we've been traveling so much that we never really had the chance to settle anywhere. While I enjoyed meeting new people and exploring our world, it was never completely satisfying because we didn't have somewhere to call our home.

The longest time we stayed with a pack was five months and that was with the DustRose Pack. We stayed with Dana and helped her nephew take over his pack like we had helped with the others. Our stay was extended due to unexpected circumstances. Though I didn't mind. It all worked out in the end.

With most packs, we only stayed for about three months; give or take a few weeks. Cole was always worried we would overstay our welcome. I, on the other hand, felt like every day we could spend with a pack was another day I could spend forging a bond with the people there. Those bonds helped us make friends and create allies.

I couldn't even describe how it felt to finally explore life outside of the SunDust Pack. Our world was enormous and for the first time, I was able to experience it without being trapped inside any walls or barriers. It was even more worthwhile to have my family by my side during this adventure.

Despite everything that's happened in my past, I don't think I'd change it. It's given me a new perspective on life and given me all these new opportunities to learn about our world. I've also had the chance to grow as person and become more confident as a leader, though I'm not actually leading anyone. The role I've taken on this journey is more of an advisor. I was fine with not being in the spotlight.

That being said, there was a nagging part of me that said I should be doing more. For the most part I was content with my life, but a small part of me felt as if this wasn't my purpose. That feeling was most likely attributed to Cole.

He was so powerful. The more time we spent together, the greater I could feel that power. He had so much strength and courage that part of it was pouring through the bond we'd created every time we were together. It was causing all this pent up energy and I don't know if that was from the spirits or something else, but I was starting to feel like he was right about his destiny.

Cole once told me that his destiny was to correct the mistakes of my mother. I thought we were on the right path to doing that, but this nagging feeling I had told me that we were wrong.

Either way, we were headed back now. Cole and Declan had gone there last week to get everything set up for our return. They needed to make sure the plumbing was working and that the electricity was turned back on. All the technical things that would let us live there comfortably.

"Felicity!"

Cole's voice wrenched me from my thoughts and my head snapped towards him. "Will you keep your voice down?" I whisper-yelled back to him as I turned around to make sure he hadn't woken our baby.