HD ~ Chapter Five

Just got back from vacation. Uploading this and will start working on part seven probably next week.

You know what I've been wondering for a while? I find in a lot of the books I read on wattpad that there are some very childish and easily avoidable spelling mistakes. In the space wattpad gives to upload a new chapter, there is a spell check.

I don't understand why a lot of authors don't take advantage of that. It only takes like five minutes max (and this depends on how long the chapter is) to go through and correct those mistakes. It does help.

Anyway, let's get on with this shall we?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Felicity

I don't know how long I sat in the bathroom. I managed to stop crying after ten minutes. Crying in this situation wouldn't help. The truth of the matter was, I was a prisoner even though I was no longer kept in a cell. Cole made it clear that I was just a pawn in this game he was playing with my mother.

Thinking about her gave me mixed emotions. Although part of me still resented her, I would give anything to see her knocking down these doors. I needed her to come save me more than ever. She'd been right. I'm not strong and I'd never meet my mate. That's why she took it upon herself to pick out a man for me.

Being at home and belonging to someone I don't love would be better than being stuck in this place. At least I wouldn't be alone and I wouldn't be a key factor to my pack's demise. If my mother still cared enough, she'd want to get me back alive. Cole had an advantage over her right now.

Of course, my mother probably isn't even looking for me. I ran away, as Cole graciously pointed out. My mother wouldn't find an intruder's scent in the territory and better yet, my grandmother knew I was running away. They had no idea that I'd been taken. They wouldn't know until Cole wanted them to know.

 When I finally emerged from the bathroom, I wasn't surprised to find that Cole had left. The room was empty again. All that was there were a bed, nightstand, and a wardrobe a little way off. There were double doors that led out into the hallway, one for a closet, and one for the bathroom. His scent wasn't very prominent so he must've left just a few minutes after our conversation had ended.

 I started walking towards the bed when I heard a loud knock at the door. I froze for a moment and didn't answer as a plan started to form in my mind. Quickly and quietly as I could, I scurried towards the doors just as a second knock sounded. I pressed my back against the wall next to the doors and held my breath.

 The doors opened quietly and I didn't move a muscle. One of the doors swung open to cover my body so whoever was in the room wouldn't be able to see me. There was no sound or movement for a few moments and I prayed that it wasn't Cole at the door.

 "Girl?" an unfamiliar, masculine voice called out suddenly. I heard the man take a few steps into the room and stop. I carefully peeked out from my hiding space to find the man standing with his back to me. He was on the shorter side, but was packed with muscle. His hair was a russet, orange color and his hands were in fists at his sides.

 With his back turned to me, I took the chance and crept out from my hiding space and went to the door. He turned just as I was dashing out the door and I heard him curse harshly. "Stop!" he growled and started after me.

 Soon enough I was sprinting down the hall with the red head growling and chasing after me. My heart was racing as other men started opening doors to see what was going on. They didn't join in the chase or look to help me, but instead they just watched the show. I started panicking as I could here my pursuer start to get closer.