Introduction~

My name is Akari Sakuragi. I've studied alchemy since i was a kid, but it was involuntary. It was only because of my mother that I learned the science. My mother, Sakura Sakuragi, wanted me to be a somebody. She set out all of my goals for me even before I could put a word in. I can recite every line from any alchemy book written. She thought that my life would be perfect if I was an alchemist. Being as wrong as she was, she was partly right. My life has been better with alchemy... Except for one thing.

When i was around 7 years old, my father was murdered. I'm not sure how, or even who killed him. I was young, so I don't remember much detail about it. All that I do remember about it was that it was devastating for me and my mother. Over time, Sakura began to succumb to insanity. I remember her making phone calls, yelling at whoever was on the other end, begging for some lead to my father's killer. She stayed up for days on end, pacing around the house, murmuring things to herself. I found her hanging one day. My mother had killed herself out of grief; incurable sorrow. Terrified of being left alone, I used my knowledge of alchemy, the only thing I had left. How stupid of me.